Location - one hour bus ride from Cancun airport - goes by quick!
All access to Riu's which are very close by - Yucatan, Tequila, Palace R.M., Playacar - can eat breakfast, lunch and use their pools (just can't use their a la cartes)
Customer Service - amazing! Waiters very professional/prompt and drinks always offered on the beach.
Rooms cleaned and beds decorated differently every day. Rooms have 4 bottles of premium booze. Fridge stocked daily water, pop, etc. Beds are firm but that's normal for every resort I've been to.
Walk down the street 2 blocks (north) and there are some great shops/markets to buy stuff - and a Starbucks! One shop in the resort lobby.
Beach - WOW! Turquoise water! There is a sand bar half way to the buoys so you walk out to shoulder-deep water than it gets shallow again and then deep again. Super clear throughout. Couple days a little bit of seaweed drifted in but still clear as day. Great waves to play in! If you walk south on the beach for about 5-10 minutes past the resorts, there is a great little place to snorkel...don't even need snorkeling equipment. Bring banana with youto feed fish. Lots of people selling jewelry/cigars but not a nuisance - just ignore them.
Entertainment - It was a "classy" resort so the bands were light/jazzy feel - elevator music. There is a couple theatrical performances i.e. Grease. If you walk across the street to Riu Tequila, you can see rock bands!
Food - wow. like 5 star restaurants here. Buffets always had a great mix - something different every night. Krystal restaurant was the best fine dining experience. Italian was good. Japanese was just ok (regular buffet better - and always had great sushi ). Steakhouse great. Only place where I never got sick from food - very clean.
Pools are very nice - not cold. loungers in the pool. swim up bar. Spa and gym available by pool. No disco but there is one across that street at Riu Tequila (few steps away!)
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico
- Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.