This was our 4th visit to this resort and again they did not disappoint. We enjoy all the staff here and they all work hard and will do what ever they can to make your stay perfect.
We were on the top floor and did notice a slight odor in the drawers but I had brought dryers sheets to keep in there and it helped
The first night we thought we had gotten the balcony door shut all the way and come morning and we noticed it was not very cool and some dampness, checked and We had not gotten it closed good. After that no issues. Love the fact they have the ceiling fans
Meet our family here and celebrated birthdays and anniversary and were not disappointed. Special table set up for us one night with beautiful flowers. Gorgeous roses were in the bouquet
Upper management is always present and stop and talk to you and make you feel special.
You will see them all times of day checking the buffet and the a la carte's and interacting with guests
We like the buffet, so much to eat and try, Love to just look at dessert area to see what they do with chocolate. We really enjoyed the Steakhouse. and would recommend it. Plenty of good food to be had.
Room was always clean and plenty of fash clothes and towels. We did not notice any noise from hallway. Could be we had quiet neighbors during our visit.
Pools were clean and very warm. Able to spend more time in pool this visit than when we were here in January. Enjoyed meeting guests from Germany and England.
Cannot say enough about all the staff. They go above and beyond to meet your needs. So many of staff have been here for years. Front desk staff were great. Always friendly and smiling and offered to assist if you had question
We will visit again. Cannot begging to list names of all the special staff. It here are a few
Marley, Elena, Nando, Daniel, Mateo. Thanks to Joaquin and Hiram for all the special treatment.
Cannot thank Francesca and Ildiko for making everything so very special for us and our family.
We come here for the staff, location, beach. Decor is not our favorite but does grow on you.
Still would like to see more of Mexican decor.
TIP, TIP TIP the staff. They all work long hrs and very hard to make your visit special.
It really spoils us for when we get back to the USA and difference in service at home.
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen