This was our third trip to RPM but the first since the major remodel. We had been to another RIU Palace in Punta Cana and already knew what to expect with the colors. Also had been watching the pictures that had been posted .
We had an excellent time. From the moment we arrived until we departed we were treated like royalty. We had no problems with the service we received from staff at the front desk. They were very eager to help you. YES, we had to wait on our room but we arrived about 1:30 p so knew that would be the case. Our room was ready within an hour of our arrival.
Thought the rooms looked so much brighter than the old ones. No, we don't care for the color scheme but it grows on you and I feel the shower is a big improvement over the old tub/shower combo. I know a lot of people have complained about the tub being I. The middle of the room, but we were fine with it.
We only ate at 2 of the a la cartes. We preferred the Buffett. They always had a good selection of various types of food. Enjoyed seeing the different ways the displayed the food.
Don't know how anyone could go hungry here.
We spent most of our time at the beach. We were there mid January and never had trouble finding a lounger. There were also loungers available at the pool. Resort was reported to being full, but we never felt crowded.
Loved walking the beach in both directions and walking to Playa.
We like the location of the RIU hotels since can either walk the beach or walk the sidewalk to Playa.
As far as the bar service, we felt it was great. We spent a lot of time at the lobby bar and was vey pleased that they kept the wood there. Do like that they changed the staircase and the area above the bar is more open with the glass panels.
There are so many staff that made our stay special. From management, Francesca and ILdiko. To the lobby bar staff, Hiram and Maria.
Our room was always kept clean, fridge always stocked. Never any issues with towels or wash cloths.
I had emailed the resort prior to arrival regarding my husband's birthday and ILdiko had our table decorated that night, cake for my husband and our room was decorated.
We feel they go,out of their way to make your visit memorable.
We will return again. Plan on bringing our fiends with us next time.
Just go and enjoy yourself. Enjoy the Mexican people and their culture. We always feel welcome here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???L. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen