Ok- long over due review.
We stayed at the riu palace in July this year. Myself, my partner and 16yr old daughter. We chose this hotel for my partners 50th birthday, after reading many of the reviews. We like what we like, as we all do, but the overall opinion is of a particular high standard. That's why we chose this place for our special event.
There's not really much more that anyone can contribute to an already immense trip advisor following on this hotel, however I would just like to add our touch.
Right- our daughter has suffered with asthma- the hotel provided us with an ionizer for the room to ensure a comfortable stay and peace of mind. I might add, I didn't request this it was a personal touch. The room was more than acceptable, yes dated!! but very clean, and maintained to an exceptional standard each day.
The complex/hotel was very safe. Very appealing to all age categories and more than comfortable.
The beach area was great! Cocktails brought to your sun beds ! What more do you require or want. A special mention to the amazing Alonso! Nothing was too much trouble, in regards to his service in whatever area he was in.
I don't really need to mirror all the previous reviews, I just would like to take this opportunity to support them.
The staff and management really care about all guests having a phenomenal time! Truly.
Many guests there this year that we met had been to this hotel more than once, some several.
That's an accolade in itself.
We as a family will definitely return next year after the refurbishments without hesitation.
So, in a nutshell. From a well travelled family, don't hesitate, food just superb! Service- up there with the best- entertainment- what you would expect! Cindy and crew!!! Well done.
Certainly, would have no issues in recommending this hotel! The negatives quite clearly cannot be pleased.
Thank you To all in the Riu Palace Mexico. We will definitely be seeing you all again?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???L. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen