I stayed here in July with my family and we loved it! You are pretty close to town (a short drive, taxi ride or a longer walk), which has lots of shopping and great restaurants! The hotel itself was fantastic! Big rooms with balconies and beautiful views of the grassy courtyard and fountains, fantastic service and HUGE and DELICIOUS food buffets.... different every night too! The beach area was fun and we enjoyed the pool and many different options for food and drinks throughout the day. If this is not good enough, you can go to all of the other Riu hotels free as well for amenities, variety, etc!
We were very impressed with the hotel, had a fantastic vacation, and would go back for sure!
Two quick complaints...
the hotel claims to have two tennis courts, but have one of the two covered in building supplies that look like they have been there quite a while. If you are a tennis player and looking forward to this amenity, know that you can also use the courts at the neighboring Riu resort which has 4 beautiful courts in their garden-like area.
Second, the beds are almost crunchy feeling! Yuck... it feels like they have used bed protectors made out of crunchy plastic that makes noise when you roll over. This would be something that the hotel could fix to drastically improve the quality of sleep.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TIG Global, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.