We just returned from our 2nd stay at the RPM. We had yet another wonderful visit.
Room was not ready upon arrival but we arrived at noon and expected this. One of the staff from the front desk came and let us know that it was ready.
I had requested at least 2nd or 3rd floor and this was honored and we had the 2 full beds pulled together with the pad and it was just great. You could not tell it was 2 beds with this.
I know everyone says the bed it hard but it was just right for us.
Had left note the first day for extra water and Pepsi light and from then on had all we needed.
Our housekeeping staff was wonderful. It was cleaned close to the first thing every morning and we had towel art and flowers arranged. Evening turn down service was also good. Always had plenty of towels and face clothes. Housekeeping staff do not get enough praise for the work they do. They are excellent at meeting your needs and getting their work done.
Only issue we noted one day was that the pool around the pool bar area did not seem as clean as the other pool. May have been because of more people being in that area.
Music at night was great. Do enjoy this part of the resort.
We did not do any of the a la cartes but felt we had plenty to eat at the buffet each day and lot of variety. Would not have done this different. did not seem that people were having any problems making reservations.
Too many wonderful staff to name. We spent most of the time at the lobby and were taken very good care of by them. Elena, Hiram, Emmel just to name a few. I am not sure I have spelled the names correct. also want to thank Jaquin, one of the managers in the buffet area that we spoke with frequently. Very nice young man. Congrats on your upcoming wedding.
Front desk staff were very helpful when we had any questions. Never had any issues at all during our visit.
Like that the safe is digital, would be nice if no longer had the key for the door but can live with that. Also like the way they have done the doors so there is not the loud slam when people close their doors.
We felt welcome from the moment that we arrived until we left. Were asked when we would be coming back.
Would highly recommend this resort to anyone and plan on returning again soon.
Thanks again to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable. Look forward to another visit soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen