You get what you pay for -- not a five star as it claims to be -- more like a three and a half. Decent food, decent service, decent location.
If you want luxury or sophistication then book elsewhere. This is an inexpensive budget hotel (I paid approx $900 Canadian for the week in of early July 2013. Pretty cheap really. Good value for budget travelers).
The downside: Lot's of noisy kids, eager loud families and lost of friendly bustle. If you want a relaxing, quiet, luxury getaway spend a bit more money and book at a five star rather than here. Try the newly renovated Riu Palace next door (not the Riu Playacar or Tequila -- both these need a renovation updated).
Overall: A good value budget 3.5 star comfortable hotel for families with young kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. from the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???l. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico