Just returned from 11 nights at this hotel. I'll try not to repeat recent reviews and let you know things perhaps omitted or different.
We spent most days on the beach. Once or twice there was a drinks service offered on the beach. Once a week at lunchtime there was food and drink served outside at the entrance to the beach.
Food was excellent. I didn't speak to anyone with an upset tummy. We tried all 3 speciality restaurants. Enjoyed them all. The buffet was excellent. There were about 24 tables outside on a verrandah.We always sat there. We were always served our drinks and coffee.
There were a couple of cats that visited but they were no problem. Occassionally there were geckos on the ceiling here. When I say outside there was a high roof.
In the Asian you could have deep fried ice cream for dessert.
There are no tea making facilities in the room but there are Nescafe coffee machines which were tempermental. Also in the restaurant near the beach you could help yourself to Nachos and popcorn
We asked for diet pepsi in our fridge and they were happy to provide this.
We had a whole day of rain. They did everything to amuse us. They put up gaming tables in the lobby and moved the table tennis table there to. The was a book exchange by the towel shack at the pool and they moved these too. They also produced all sorts of board games.
The shower was very efficient. I dislike the little sachets of shampoo and shower gel but that was my only complaint about the room. We were on the top floor of the pink block nearest the pool and the sea overlooking the next hotel and found it perfect. Sunny balcony in th morning.
If you want something from the evening stalls every few nights do so as they are packing up to get a bargain. We never had a problem getting a sun bed but we are early birds.
We lunched in the Tequila and Yucatan and had pre dinner drinks in them too,We preferred our hotel only because it was smaller. You can also have lunch at the beach club of the Riu Lupita which is up the beach the other direction.
We walked the road into town. It was about 30mins at a leisurely pace. There is a Walmart there but we didn't buy anything. I'm sure it would be great for value if you were not all inclusive. Oh, and the great bed debate. We didn't ask for a topper,the mattress did have a thin quilty cover. It was firm but very comfortable. Enjoy, I wish I was still there
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In the Playacar resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey bungalow complex * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Surrounded by 16,000 m2/19,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Mexican Street, next to Riu Yucatan * 100 m/325 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Reviews
- Playacar Hotels
- Riu Playacar Mexico
- Rui Playacar
- Hotel Riu Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico