Well i have been reading some of the reviews and so glad we were not there with such nasty people ,This was our second visit as we had such a wonderful time last year we just had to back,the welcome was lovely as a lot of the staff remembered us .As for tips you dont have to give every time they do something for you ,we did our tipping at the end of the two weeks and still had excellent service .
It will be such a shame to see it knocked down to make a palace as it is so Mexican and friendly ,staff are great it just wont be the same ,i think this is going to happen Feb 2015 .If you get a chance try and go before then and enjoy .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In the Playacar resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey bungalow complex * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Surrounded by 16,000 m2/19,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Mexican Street, next to Riu Yucatan * 100 m/325 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Reviews
- Playacar Hotels
- Riu Playacar Mexico
- Rui Playacar
- Hotel Riu Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico