We have just come back from a week here.
1. Fantastic beach - free use of chairs and barmen come out with drinks
2. Staff great and cheerful
3. Extremely clean hotel
4. Buffett restaurant excellent
5. Pool area and beach bar fab.
1. Shows too late starting at 10pm
2. Daily awards on stage really childish and annoying and very butlins. At 0945 this should be adult time in my opinion and that of many guests we asked.
3. Speciality restaurants were not very nice The steak, mexican and Chinese restaurant not nice at all and in fact the buffet is better.
Take one of those cups that keep your drinks cool. The bar men will fill
These up with cocktails as the small
Plastic cups don't last long. These cost $29 in local shops.
Take pounds out with and change them in playa Carmen. Exchange rate much better on 5th avenue than in Britain.
Overall would we go back again. Yes but would try a different area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In the Playacar resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey bungalow complex * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Surrounded by 16,000 m2/19,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Mexican Street, next to Riu Yucatan * 100 m/325 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Reviews
- Playacar Hotels
- Riu Playacar Mexico
- Rui Playacar
- Hotel Riu Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico