I liked Riu Playacar. We had a great time. The food is pretty good...but you get sort of tired of buffet food after a few days. The beds were hard but we got a mattress topper and it worked out. The shower is great, good water pressure and it got hot right away.
The only downside is that we were on the backside near a construction site and I swear to God they started working (heavy machinery, yelling, etc) at 0600 each day. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a fun trip. The facilities are clean and pleasant. Lots of people smoking on the beach (and using the sand as their personal ashtrays) but that was everywhere down there...and not RIU's fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * In the Playacar resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 2-storey bungalow complex * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Surrounded by 16,000 m2/19,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Mexican Street, next to Riu Yucatan * 100 m/325 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Reviews
- Playacar Hotels
- Riu Playacar Mexico
- Rui Playacar
- Hotel Riu Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico