“Exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oh Lala International Cuisine by George

Oh Lala International Cuisine by George
Calle 14 North Bis | Between 10th Avenue and 15th Avenue #147, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
(984) 127-4844
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Auburn, Australia
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was one of the best meals I had during my 3 weeks in Mexico, and I had some incredible meals, including a culinary cooking course! It's small, so book ahead if you can, and not overly fancy or pretentious, but the service and the food is exceptional. Fantastic value for money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Really a perfect dinning experience for my family & me.
Four orders of the Butter Tuna & everyone loved it. Two orders of the fillet & both said it was the best steak they ever had.
From the gracious owners to the perfectly clean kitchen, to the outstanding food.. this was a 10 across the board. We have not been in Playa for 3 years & there seems to be a new King & Queen in town & they're name is Oh-La-La

“Fine dining in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

First of all make a reservation if you intend on going here as it books out quickly. The restaurant is what you want if you are looking for something fancier than the other areas of Playa. The menu is slightly strange with several starters consisting of salad and curry mixed into an otherwise classy mains section but the food is top notch. We ordered the antipasto to share for starter after our server recommended it. It came out on a rustic wooden platter and consisted of local cheeses and prosciutto, flatbread, cranberries etc which all complemented each other wonderfully. For main my wife chose the chicken curry with rice, I went for the lobster and grouper special in a creamy garlic sauce with olive oil mash potato and we opted for a side of roasted veg. All of the main was delectable and the whole time we had someone topping up our drinks and attending our table in a discrete manner. We wound up the evening sharing a white chocolate cheesecake which we devoured in a mere moment and this was accompanied by a cappuccino and a black label scotch for myself (the only scotch they had unfortunately). All in all a touch of class to an otherwise mundane restaurant scene.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
cheshire
“lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Fab meal and service ,a two and three course meal plus a bottle of nice wine and coffee $1400 pesto.
Can not recommend highly enough, try you will want to go back .

• Visited June 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Better than Burger King. I had to say that so Mikaela would know who is writing this review. This was our second visit to the restaurant. As with the first, the meal was outstanding. Great service. Mikaela is an outstanding person with a great personality. George came to our table and explained the menu and any specials. I had the filet and my friend had the seared tuna, both meals were great. The oh lala salad was great, I have never liked anything on a salad that was warm, but this changed my mind. Their new locating is very nice, with more seating. We wondered where to go for our last meal in Playa so we decided to walk to oh lala and see if we could get a table without a reservation and luckly we were able to have a second dinner there. The lamb chops were great. This has been a guys trip for the past 6 years and my wife is dying for me to take her for an outstanding meal. See you next June.

• Visited June 2014