“#1 for a reason” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Oh lala! has now a new location!!! It is now on Calle 14 bis between 10th & 15th Av. We are a smal restaurant with a total of 9 tables divided between an indoor and an outdoor seating. Our mission is to combine good quality food with a personalized service in a casual yet warm and friendly ambience. We receive 24 guests per evening, distributed in 3 seatings in order to provide you the service and quality we would like you to experience. Because of that, we only accept groups with a maximum of 6 people. Open From Monday to Saturday, from 06.30pm to 11.00pm, we will be more than glad to welcome you at our home, and will do all we can to have you enjoying your time at Oh Lala.Please note, reservations are highly recommended.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“#1 for a reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I don't even know where to begin, Oh La La was probably one of the most memorable points of our trip through Mexico (Cancun, Playa, Cozumel). I alerted the restaurant about a week or so prior that my Husband and I would love to have dinner there as a part of his surprise 30th birthday celebration. They were so responsive and attentive, and as soon as we got out of the cab greeted my husband with a warm & friendly "happy birthday". He felt special :)

Now, on to the best part...the food was DELICIOUS. Our mussel appetizer, our cheese plate, the delicious lobster my husband ordered and my filet...all cooked to perfection by the extremely accommodating and pleasant chef. Also, the wine...? YUMMY.

It really was one of the parts of our vacation that continues to put a smile on my face, and a feeling of nostalgia in my tummy. ha.

highly recommended to all of you traveling through Playa.

TJ & Jordan from brooklyn
www.soletstrythismarriagething.com

• 5 of 5 stars Food

97% Recommend
  • Polish first
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Memorable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The four of us enjoyed the attentive service at Oh La La. The owner made excellent suggestions, prepared delicious dishes , and welcomed us personally. The warm atmosphere and staff attention made us feel like guests rather than customers. We felt as though we had been there before. We are certain we will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Fantastic service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We decided to visit OhLaLa after reading about it on Trip Advisor, so booked our reservations a couple of weeks in advance of our trip for a birthday dinner. The restaurant is in a nice quiet location, but close to 5th Avenue as well, so was very conveniently located. The service is impeccable and personable. We had a nice table out on the patio.My partner had the steak and I had the lobster. My meal was nothing short of amazing! It was perfectly cooked. My partners steak was a bit underdone and he found the sauce a bit flavourless...especially in comparison to the lobster, which was very flavourful in its garlic and white wine sauce.
Mikaela brought out a lovely complimentary birthday dessert for us and was very concerned that my partner didn't fully enjoy his meal, so would not let us pay for it. It was a very kind gesture which we really appreciated. When we come back to Playa, we will most certainly visit OhLaLa again - we really enjoyed our visit there and the service was excellent. It was also nice to see how clean this restaurant was - the kitchen was open and was immaculate, as were the facilities.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We returned to Oh Lala after eating there two years ago. They had moved and we were devastated not being able to find our favourite restaurant in Playa. They moved just around the corner to expand their business. We were so happy to to have reconnected . The food was as good if not better than the last time, which was almost impossible to beat. This visit I had seared tuna on a bed a delicious mashed potatoes, my husband had the lobster special. We shared the apple crepe with ice cream for dessert. We had the best meal while vacationing on the Mayan Riviera and were just so thrilled to see Mikaela and George doing so well, they deserve it as they are the most attentive and gracious restaurant owners you will ever meet.
For those visiting Playa it's a must and make a reservation prior, they are extremely busy. ENJOY!!!!

East Haddam, Connecticut
“#1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We've been coming to Playa del Carmen since 2001 and I had the best meal ever this December 2013. Fresh Grouper and Lobster in a white wine garlic butter sauce that was absolutely delish. The seafood was properly cooked and not over done as in some places. The young couple who own the place take great care and pride in the quality of service and integrity of cuisine. Chef George serve the Antipasto and explained all of the items. The wines selection is good and the prices are fair. Our only disappointment was that we went their in the second week of our visit and could not get another reservation. Nine table book up fast so next year we will make our reservations BEFORE we leave the USA.

• 5 of 5 stars Food