“Absolutely incredible at a very good price” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Oh lala! has now a new location!!! It is now on Calle 14 bis between 10th & 15th Av. We are a smal restaurant with a total of 9 tables divided between an indoor and an outdoor seating. Our mission is to combine good quality food with a personalized service in a casual yet warm and friendly ambience. We receive 24 guests per evening, distributed in 3 seatings in order to provide you the service and quality we would like you to experience. Because of that, we only accept groups with a maximum of 6 people. Open From Monday to Saturday, from 06.30pm to 11.00pm, we will be more than glad to welcome you at our home, and will do all we can to have you enjoying your time at Oh Lala.Please note, reservations are highly recommended.
“Absolutely incredible at a very good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Out group of 4 went to this great little cozy restaurant tonight. Everything we had was amazing. We will definitely be back. The waitress mikaela was very nice and accommodating and the food was unreal.

• Visited October 2013

97% Recommend
  • Polish first
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is the way restaurants and hospitality should be. Amazing food and perfect service . The kind if place that's so good you don't want to tell anyone!!! Enjoy

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, TX
“Oh Lala will blow away your expectations-Best in Playa Del Carmen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is bar none the best restaurant in Playa and possibly the best meal I've had in my life. Not only is the food and atmosphere at their new location amazing, it is made with love by a very talented and attentive staff. When you dine here you can't help but feel like family.

We had our very small wedding (family only) in Playa Del Carmen on September, 2nd, 2013 at the Fairmont Mayakoba. Despite the fact that the hotel has great food, we wanted something more intimate and special than a meal at the hotel. After researching and thinking of other restaurants in PDC that we have visited, we decided upon Oh Lala. Having read that it is small and that reservations are a must, I emailed the restaurant a week in advance. I received a prompt reply from them and when it came up that it was for after the wedding, I received both another email and phone call from Mikaela (the wife in the husband and wife team that owns the restaurant). She was as excited as I was and wanted to ensure that everything was perfect. She emailed pictures of the areas we could be seated to ensure it met our expectations and we would not be disappointed when we arrived. She also offered to have a cake made at a nearby bakery and delivered for the event.

We chose to sit outside and George and Mikaela had it set up beautifully when we arrived, even having personally made a wedding bouquet for a centerpiece on our table. (a couple of the photos included on Tripadvisor show the beautiful and intimate setting they created for us) The outside area is amazing and they are growing a small garden to the side that pulls it all together.

To the food...

Our group shared nearly every appetizer on the menu and every bite was delicious. We especially loved the Fungi Trifolati which was a savory mixture of mushrooms sautéed in a white wine cream sauce. The cheese plate had a diverse and excellent selection of international cheeses, and The Antipasti was delicious.

For our main course, several of us had Chef George's Lobster and Grouper special. Each bite was full of flavor, and both the lobster tail and grouper were cooked perfectly. My father had the Filet Mignon in a red wine sauce, and was blown away by it. Big praise coming from a man that's traveled the world and had countless steaks from some of the finest steakhouses in New York, Texas, California, and Europe.

The food was so exquisite and the experience so delightful that my new wife and I returned on the last night of our trip (after the family had left) to sample other offerings and re-live our original experience. I had the Butter Soy Tuna Steak and it was once again full of flavor and cooked to perfection. It was so tender and fresh that it melted in your mouth. My wife had the Lamb Chops and fell in love with them.

They have a great wine list, featuring delicious wines mostly from Mexico and South America, which paired wonderfully with the meal.

(The cost of the meal was VERY reasonable and I would consider it the best value possible. I gave it $$$ because of the TA descriptions, not necessarily the prices. I would consider Oh Lala for any kind of date, nice meal, or special occasion)

I can't thank Mikaela and George enough for a night and a meal that I will NEVER forget for both the food and the atmosphere. You can't find another restaurant that puts as much love and devotion into both their food and service. Our other guests can't stop talking about it weeks later either. We can't wait until we return to PDC and can experience Oh Lala the next time!

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Playa several times and have always struggled to find a local spot that was somewhat close to touristy 5th Avenue but last night we finally found it! We went with our 3 year old son and Mikaela and George couldn't be more accommodating to us. The ambiance, service, and most importantly the food was all top notch. Prices are more than reasonable for the very personal (only 5-6 tables) service they offer. This will definitely be on our rotation once or even twice every time we come back to Playa.

• Visited October 2013
Addison, Texas
“Excellent all around experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

It had been over a year and 1/2 since I had been to Playa (my 33rd trip in 11 years) and restaurants come and go in Playa. I made reservations online to have a celebratory birthday dinner for my friend and myself. Mikaela and George were the most gracious hosts. The mushroom appetizers was delicious...I even got the recipe and have made it at home. Much appreciated. For entrees, we had the butter soy tuna over mashed potatoes and a very tender filet mignon. Both excellent dishes. They even brought me a complimentary dessert. I am returning to Playa over New Year's Eve and to celebrate my travel partner's birthday and will definitely be returning to Oh Lala!

• Visited September 2013