“I loved the location...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Oh lala! has now a new location!!! It is now on Calle 14 bis between 10th & 15th Av. We are a smal restaurant with a total of 9 tables divided between an indoor and an outdoor seating. Our mission is to combine good quality food with a personalized service in a casual yet warm and friendly ambience. We receive 24 guests per evening, distributed in 3 seatings in order to provide you the service and quality we would like you to experience. Because of that, we only accept groups with a maximum of 6 people. Open From Monday to Saturday, from 06.30pm to 11.00pm, we will be more than glad to welcome you at our home, and will do all we can to have you enjoying your time at Oh Lala.Please note, reservations are highly recommended.
Dallas, Texas
“I loved the location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Like everyone else on tripadvisor, I had to go to Oh Lala because it was voted the top restaurant in PDC. It did not disappoint. Since my visit, they have moved locations, but I had no problem with the salon next door or the busy street next to us. That was a cool, authentic, cosy location that helped make the meal. It proves you can get fine dining with fabulous food anywhere.

Here are my major takeaways:

1) Mussels and Mushrooms for appetizer. The mushroom sauce was great and mushrooms very tasty. My wife loved the mussels. They were very fresh and perfectly cooked.

2) BUTTER SOY TUNA - I had never heard of such a thing and I cant really describe the taste. All I know is that if you love butter, soy sauce, or tuna, you have to get this dish. Best bite that I have had in months. Very tasty and complimented well with awesome mashed potatoes.

3) Service - Excellent. Very attentive and George (the Chef) came by at least twice to see how we enjoyed our meal.

4) Ambience - This charming little place with great food brought back memories of a 7-top Italian restaurant in London (to remain nameless) that my wife and I enjoyed in 1998. Oh Lala made me think of our lives way back then before we were married and how we are still out in the world looking for more charming spots like that...

• Visited July 2013

97% Recommend
  • Polish first
Edmonton
“Beautuful new location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

we couldn't find it at first because they moved Aug 7 and we hadn't realized. Thankfully a women was coming out of the salon next door and she directed us just around the corner. The new location has about 8 seats outdoors on a beautiful covered patio and another 14 or so inside the trendy, air con interior. We had the seared tuna and thai fish curry. Both were fab. The mushroom appetizer was just ok. The table next to us had the lobster and snapper special which looked amazing. They must have been impressed because they seemed to be instagramming all their dishes lol. service is impeccable. Very proper without being stuffy. I'm glad we went back a second time after not being able to find it.

“Do not skip it!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

What can I say?! Food was absolutely delicious. The tuna stake with the must tasty mash potatoes I've ever had!
The atmosphere is good and the service is more than expected! We had a chat with the chef. Really nice guy who recommend us on a scuba dive club.
Perfect dinner!

Denderhoutem
“simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We know this restaurant from last year and looked out to return there. George and Mikaela, a very nice couple and owners of the restaurant had recognized us immediately, and gave us a warm welcome. It was feeling like coming home. The service still was topclass; the food super and the company, all made it again a pleasant experience. That pleasant that we went for dinner for 7 times over 14 days. Since the frequency of our visits, George somethimes proposed to prepare a special meal, not from the menu, although it was very attractive. We appreciate very much. These meals were excellent. George is a very good cook. The Oh lala restaurant is getting to move to a larger house arround the corner. I guess the new restaurant will be like a jewel, because the owners pay special attention to the design and fitting up of the interior. This is not at the cost of the prices of the dishes, on the contrary, they are more than worth it. The other 7 days of our stay we compared with other good restaurants, but for us Oh lala still remains the number one of Playa.

• Visited July 2013
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Exceeded All My Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Based on the reviews, I decided to take my fiancée here for our 5th year anniversary dinner and sent an email to the restaurant letting them know of the special occasion. Mikaela and chef George immediately responded and gave several very good suggestions on how the make the night more eventful. They even helped source wine that was not on the menu. From the chocolate covered strawberries to the handmade written card with dessert, from start to finish it was an outstanding meal that we will not forget.

While the food was exceptional, the entire staff had an incredible attention to detail. One that is very reminiscent of the type of service one may find at any Michelin star restaurant

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere