“Simply perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Oh lala! has now a new location!!! It is now on Calle 14 bis between 10th & 15th Av. We are a smal restaurant with a total of 9 tables divided between an indoor and an outdoor seating. Our mission is to combine good quality food with a personalized service in a casual yet warm and friendly ambience. We receive 24 guests per evening, distributed in 3 seatings in order to provide you the service and quality we would like you to experience. Because of that, we only accept groups with a maximum of 6 people. Open From Monday to Saturday, from 06.30pm to 11.00pm, we will be more than glad to welcome you at our home, and will do all we can to have you enjoying your time at Oh Lala.Please note, reservations are highly recommended.
Copenhagen
“Simply perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant deserves the rating as the number one restaurant in playa del carmen. Make sure to reserve a table - it a small but VERY popular place ! We had trouble chosing our meals eventhough the menu is kept simple offering three or four option for each course, all of the options looked perfect!!!

97% Recommend
  • Polish first
Houston, United States
“Could Be a 5+ star but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

If only this restaurant was in a better location, it would be 5+ stars! The seating is outside, so the many distractions are problematic. From pan handlers asking for money to road noise to the hair salon next door. DO NOT let this persuade you to pass this restaurant as the food, service & attention to detail compensate for the above.

Visited June 26

First off, Oh Lala was the only restaurant we went to in Playa del Carmen so we cannot compare to other restaurants in the area. Also, we are a family of 5 [dad, mom, daughter 1 (19), daughter 2 (18) & son (12)].
We made reservations via email before our trip as recommended by other reviewers. We were able to get a table about a week out. However during our dinner, another family of 5 walked in without a reservation and was immediately served. Since there is only seating for about 20 people at one time, I guess this can be a hit-and-miss situation. I would definitely recommend reservations just to be sure.
The service was wonderful. We were always asked if we needed anything.
All three children ordered the filet. The youngest was not too fond of it due to the red wine marinade but our two daughters enjoyed it. My wife ordered tuna steak & salad & I ordered the curry madras,
A very nice surprise was the fabulous presentation of the food. The food was nearly presented as art, especially the salad. The portions were a good size and we were all pleasantly full after the meal.
Pricing is ok. We hail from Houston, which has many, many restaurants, and this was some of the best food for so little. Each filet was under 20USD and approximately 5-6oz., which is unheard of. The rest of the food was similarly priced. We ended up paying around 145USD, including tip.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Best food & Quality service I experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Third visit to playa del Carmen and OH LALA still my favorite. I had a wonderful time with my family. Wonder if my parents would like the food. After taking them to OH LALA I got surprised when they told me “I want to go there again”. For entrees Mango salad, Tuna tarte and mussel were my favorite. For the main plate I recommend the filet Mignon and Thai curry with lobster or chicken. Besides the amazing taste of the food and the variety of wines I really enjoy good service and Mica provides the best of it. She is adorable and always ready to answer questions about the menu. Another think that I like at OH LALA is when Chef George finds a few minutes to thanks customer for being there. Not all the time he has that chance but I think customers enjoy the opportunity to meet the chef personally.
If you plan to visit playa, make your reservation in advance but make more than 1. After eating there 1 time you will understand my comment and why I went there 2 times during my 3 days vacation.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“If eating at Oh Lala is wrong, I don't wanna be right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

From start to finish the meal was fantastic...We started with a mushroom salad, mussels & some kind of Thai salad, they were straight forward dishes that were perfectly prepared and each one contained super fresh ingredients. I got to try several things on the menu as our mains, lobster, seared tuna & a curry dish. I literally couldn't decide which was the best, however, I'd probably have to side with the tuna. The staff is incredibly friendly, gave us great suggestions and didn't rush us at all. We spent the better part of the night there conversing and drinking and unlike some places here in Playa that are more about turning tables than giving a great experience, they encouraged us to stay a while. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“We went for it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful little place. A few tables but a great service. First a great wine recommendation by the owner and a little trick with the cork attached to the bottle. Then some appetizers the tuna tartare (amazing) and the oh la la salad (fresh and delightful). As our main course, just the first words about the specials are mouthwatering, the tuna and the lobster, we went for it. They were very good, of course we had to share everything (that's what's all about)
Dessert and a delicious "carajillo"
It was worth it. A must go in Playa del Carmen.