“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oh Lala

Oh Lala
Calle 14 North Bis | between 10th Av. and 15th Av. #147, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
+52 984 127 4844
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Oh lala! Is located on Calle 14th North bis between 10th & 15th Av. We are a small restaurant with a total of 9 tables divided between an indoor and an outdoor seating. Our mission is to combine good quality food with a personalized service in a casual yet warm and friendly ambience. We receive 24 guests per evening, distributed in 3 seatings in order to provide you the service and quality we would like you to experience. Because of that, we only accept groups with a maximum of 6 people. Open from Monday to Saturday, from 06.30Pm to 11.00Pm, we will be more than glad to welcome you at our home, and will do all we can to have you enjoying your time at Oh Lala. Please note, reservations are highly recommended.
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

It was my first time going to Playa and my husband and I love to eat great food so we checked trip advisor and this restaurant came up as #1, it absolutely deserves it. Let's start from the beginning. I made a reservation online by emailing Mikaela. She got right back to me and the reservation was made. The first day we got to Playa we walked 5th avenue and stopped there to confirm the reservation. We were greeted by Mikaela and when I mentioned I wanted to confirm my res for Wednesday she said "Ashlee, your all set." OMG, how she remembered my name I don't know but that started the best customer service I had received on the whole vacation. We own a restaurant and I would want 10 of her working for me. The place is adorable, small yet cozy and outdoors which is beautiful. You can tell they have both been professionally trained because the food is unbelievable and as I mentioned the service is awesome. Her husband George is cooking with a couple other guys and you can tell he has passion. The menu is creative and the portions are just right. The salmon salad was mouth watering, the tuna was to die for and the Thai curry was spectacular. We made some friends next to us who were having the cheese plate and they really enjoyed it. They also had a lobster special that they could not stop talking about. Even dessert was a 10. We ate out 12 days and this was our best meal. I felt like I was part of Mikaela & George's family, that's how we were treated. They are a beautiful couple that are doing what they love and it shows. We will go back every time we visit Mexico. You owe it to yourself to eat at this restaurant. You should definitely make a reservation, I made mine about 2 weeks out. Thank you Mikaela & George and give a kiss to that beautiful puppy for me...

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
South Wales, UK
“Lovely little restaurant, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had hoped to book this restaurant for my birthday but couldnt get a reservation. We were lucky enough however to get a table on the last night of our holiday. The chef and his wife are lovely and very friendly. The food was delicious - couldnt fault it at all. The restaurant is very small with only enough room for tables outside but don't let this put you off - this place is well worth a visit if you like quality food. Please if you do book a table at this restaurant bare in mind that if you don't turn up it does affect them being such a small place. You have to book in advance to get in here but do it. In our 10 days in Carmen Oh la la and Curry Omm were by far the best restaurants with fresh ingredients run by people who obviously love cooking as much as we like eating!

Montreal, Canada
“Had a great evening, delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We knew we needed a reservation to get to that restaurant and took a chance and called to get a table for the same evening. Someone just cancelled few minutes before and as soon as soon as we started to taste the incredible food we were served, we realized how lucky we got that night.

First, know what to expect. This is not a vast restaurant in a lush garden with luxury decor. You are on the 10th avenue, next to the sidewalk, basic outdoor dining area that sits around 20 people. You can see the chef George preparing the meals through the main window of the small adjacent kitchen while his spouse Mikaela takes great care of customers. Two passionate and perfectionist persons that made that little restaurant the number one place to eat in Playa Del Carmen.

Then it's all about the food, the presentation, the details. The red tuna and Oh La La salad are absolute musts. My wife and I are not big dessert fans, but since we enjoyed our dinner so much we decided to stretch our evening and got dessert as well which of course was just as tasty and fresh as the rest of the dinner.

If you end up in Playa... just don't miss that opportunity. You won't regret it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bayville
“Seriously great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I'll spare you all the details that have been written about in the other reviews. I will just confirm that the food is ethereal, and every bite brings joy to your mouth. Mikaela and George are super nice- you try feel as though you are a guest in their home. Oh Lala brings dining in Playa to new heights. Thanks for a great night!

Ohlala254, Owner at Oh Lala, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment.

It was a pleasure to have you at our restaurant, offer you a great dinner and make you feel like at a friend’s home. That’s exactly how we want you to feel: welcomed and in a warm and friendly environment.

We thank you again for your comments and are at your service whenever you come to Playa del Carmen.

Our kindest Regards,
Mikaela & George
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“A nice little quaint place with excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This restaurant is definitely a nice place to take your loved one. The food is prepared with care and the service is excellent. Both our appetizers and main were perfectly prepared and served up quickly. If you are looking for a place with attention to detail and quaint this is it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ohlala254, Owner at Oh Lala, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your great comment and sharing your diner experience with other travelers.

We are glad to know that you had a great time dinning with us and will be very glad to have you back.

Best wishes,