We stayed here two days while in Playa del Carmen; the rest of the week we were on 5th Ave. I have stayed at many AI's in Mexico and the Reef, while the least expensive, had the BEST food (and I am picky). The buffets were good and the Italian restaurant had great spaghetti bolognese.
Victoria and Choco (Animacion team) were fun and welcoming. The entire staff was nice.
The room was large and had a balcony overlooking the jungle area. I enjoyed watching the agoutis that live there (they are like large guinea pigs).
The pool area, while small, was nice and clean and bartenders made good drinks. Beach is beautiful and has ample umbrellas for shade and seats.
The only issue I had was there was only ONE OUTLET in the room. Not a big deal but when you need to charge phone or computer, you would then have no light.
I would not hesitate to return to the Reef Playacar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food and domestic drinks, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Groupon, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico