I first went to the Reef for my Honeymoon as we just bought our first house, paid for our wedding, and just needed an affordable get away. We loved it. It was Oct of 2012, so off season and several of the extra amenities were not available (2 of the restaurants were not open). But still had a great time, great location, fun atmosphere and just what we needed. I enjoyed the fact it was small and cozy and we were very comfortable. PLEASE NOTE: There was a hurricane while we were there, and stock up if that happens to you, as it is not legal to sell or serve beer if you are in a danger zone. (Nothing worse than being stuck in your room on vacation and not have a cold one).
In early September I decided to take my mother on her 1st International vacation and since it was just the 2 of us ladies, I like the idea that I knew the area a bit, and knew she would love the small and relaxed atmosphere of the Reef. This trip was perfect!
Not only did she love the décor and service of the place, but the full amenities (all restaurants & Bars were open) but she was comfortable going to the bar or beach with or without me. The ice cream parlor had fantastic ice cream and we enjoyed all restaurants and services. I even have a picture of my mom learning how to meringue with some of the staff!
The rooms are very comfortable, and as another trip advisor had advised, we took $2 bills to tip the staff and they enjoyed that!! (not necessary to tip extra, but being in the service industry you learn, the extras really count).
I look forward to going back to Reef again and Hope they keep the same Great Staff!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food and domestic drinks, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico