I liked the small feel of the resort and walking through the jungle type of environment where the rooms are located. The staff was very good except there seemed to be confusion at the Mexican restaurant. We had the superior room upgrade but were told there was an upcharge to eat there. It got straightened out the next day but I wish we had eaten at the Italian restaurant more as I liked it better.
I only ate at the buffet restaurant for breakfast and I was blacklisted on bacon somehow. I could not for the life of me get any so I had to send my wife up for bacon. She had no problems.
All the wait staff were excellent and very helpful. We tipped, just as I would here, but saw no decline in service for those who didn't.
I would recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food, domestic drinks and a variety of international drinks included, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico