What we wanted - an inexpensive / all-inclusive / jungle-view experience.
What we got - an inexpensive / limited bar times / poor food choices / no activities experience.
If you want to go to Playacar to hang out in a crowded pool drinking watered down drinks all day, with no desire to have a private balcony romantic experience with good food at the one included restaurant or enjoy non-motorized water sports, then this is your kind of hotel!
Here are some tips. First - make sure you get "towel cards" and the time sheet for the limited bar hours at check in (we didn't and had to go back to the front desk to get them). Second - make sure you get a room with a safe, since the first night someone tried to use a room key to break into ours (luckily it was 10PM and we were attempting sleep, so I got to answer the door and scare the guy off). Third - after your room robbery attempt, you must report this attempt to the "Manager" because otherwise everyone at the Front Desk will blow you off (we had to wait a day for the Manager to come back to work). Fourth - when the "Manager" tries to keep you from posting this sort of comment on TripAdvisor by giving you the "best room in the resort", try not to be disappointed at how this room has 2 Double beds (very interesting for our Honeymoon), and do not expect any sort of room cleaning or fridge filling or other special services, since it's just not gonna happen!
Oh, and the walk to Playa Del Carmen was 30 minutes past some of the most amazing hotels! I know where we are staying next time!
We gave it a 2 for the efforts of the staff, and for SO MUCH POTENTIAL, but the allure of "free drinks and free food" was just not enough to compensate for all of the problems we had on this trip.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food, domestic drinks and a variety of international drinks included, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.