First, I can't believe this hotel is not higher in the rankings.
My parents and 6 month old baby and I went for 5 days Memorial Day week and can't say enough kind words about this place. We come to the Riviera Maya for the water and we pick a hotel and come back over and over because of the staff. I can definitely say we will come back to this hotel many more times. The grounds are just beautiful, in a nice jungle-like setting (bring your bug spray, I was bitten by mosquitoes a lot). This resort is small, small enough for my elderly father to get around with no assistance. I like a small hotel, everyone (the staff) remembers you, remembers your name, what you drink, what you like, etc. Even the nightly shows were excellent! For a small hotel, I was not expecting nightly shows. Wow, I was impressed.
The beach was amazing, it was very wide and there were many lounge chairs laid out there. Although there was a red flag flying for most of the days we were there, we still soaked up some rays on the beach and put our feet in the water.
There were many international guests and that was very nice to have a mix of nationalities.
The bars were great, although we only checked out Nico's once because nobody was there (there was a storm approaching). Our favorite bar was Papo's above the lobby and favorite bartender was Eric, who was very personable and funny!
The check in was fine, I didn't expect our room to be ready earlier than check-in time and it wasn't. One minor thing was that my key stopped working twice during the week. No problem. The bell boy Willy was excellent, he was one of our favorite staff, such a nice and pleasant guy with a smile on his face always.
Rooms were smallish but sufficient with a mini-bar. Depending on what color your wristband is (how much you paid for your room - whether it be with premium drinks, etc.) the minifridge was supposed to be stocked every day for us but by day 3 I had to ask them to restock it because it wasn't done. No big deal.
The meals in Chulavista buffet restaurant were pretty good, nothing wonderful, but we definitely found something we liked each time we ate there. Breakfast was my favorite meal because I loved the omelets they make. Paulino was our server all the time and we thought he did an excellent job.
The snack bar had some really good food too.
I didn't eat at the specialty restaurants so I can't comment on them.
There were professional photographers onsite and they had parrots you could get your picture taken with and also do regular professional photos, which we took advantage of for my daughter's 1st photos. They snapped her in the grass and on the beach and they really turned out beautifully.
Additional staff other than Willy, Eric and Paulino who made our stay so wonderful are: Claudia and Nayeli from the Animation team, Adonis, Roxana and the security guards. Thank you so much to all of you, we will see you again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food, domestic drinks and a variety of international drinks included, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico