Great hotel for the price and location. You can walk to downtown in 20 minutes, or better yet take advantage of the free bike rentals.
An upgraded wristband is highly recommended, it gives you access to premium bottles and the beach bar.
Food was mediocre and didn’t change much from day to day, but if you’re creative there’s plenty to work with. The snack bar is good for a quick fix.
$15 a day for Wi-Fi is a bit of a let down.
Anyone complaining about it being a timeshare push need to question how they got themselves in that position to begin with.
The upper pool is loud and great for those who wish to be drunk by 11am. Those less inclined, I’d suggest getting up early to reserve a day bed to kick back on.
For the price, there’s nothing to complain about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food and domestic drinks, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico