We had a nice relaxing vacation at this resort from Nov 17-24, 2012. It was a family vacation with our young adult children. It was our first visit to Mexico so we were not sure what to expect and thought of it as an adventure. We upgraded our all inclusive to Superior Premium, which was worth it for us.
~Nico's lounge was a great place to relax, have a drink and either watch beach volleyball or stare out at the ocean.
~Staff were very friendly.
~Souvenir shop had better prices than some of the market place shops.
~Playa Del Carmen was short 15-20 minutes walk, would reccommend turning your wrist band inside out it you go down to fifth street to shop. That way the merchants can't tell which resort you are staying at.
~Xavier was our server at La Terraza Grill and both food and service was awesome. Best grilled salmon fillet I have ever had (and I love fish).
~Mary was our server at Chula Vista. She was the best server we had at the buffet restaurant.
~beds are very hard (not comfortable)
~buffet restaurant got boring, seemed like the same food every day
~the bathrooms left something to be desired - mould in bathroom, ants and termites in unit, cockroaches coiming up through sink in bathroom.
~the bars were running out of popular alcohol after only being open for 1.5 hours, almost ran out of other alcohol. restocking was not done on a regular basis. hard to drink a slushie drink without a straw.
~didn't seem to have lots to do for young adults other than drinking.
Excursions were priced fairly and I reccomend doing one or some, snorkeling was the best one for me. Renovations were still going on while we were there but it didn't bother us, I however didn't like that they were painting all the buildings white rather than keeping them the nice yellow and orange/red colours.
Overall, we had a good vacation and we met alot of nice people. Even though there seemed to be alot of European people we did manage to find a few Canadians and Americans, we had a blast getting to know.
We will be returning to Mexico next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food, domestic drinks and a variety of international drinks included, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico