visited this hotel over xmas and new year. good hotel if you like animals had monkeys on our balcony every morning, peacocks roaming round the reception and coatis with various others running round the jungle area.
rooms were not to my taste as they felt uncomfortable due to decor.
food was terrible and i am not a fussy person. the staff also struggle with english.
beach was the best i have been on. you will be hard pushed to beat this one. the only problem was it rained for most of the fortnight. luckily 5th ave and all the shops are a 30min walk away or 5 mins in the taxi. very safe area as it is a gated community.
i would go back this area but maybe not this hotel. i would try a riu as there are plenty on this road. if you are going here i am sure you will enjoy yourself as long as it doesn't rain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, VISIT US, INC. , Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico