My husband and I recently stayed here for the second time for two weeks from June 10th to the 24th. Our room was in block 17 on the top floor near to the buffet restaurant, lovely quiet spot. We arrived after a 10 hour flight so were very tired. Check-in very smooth, no problems at all. After check-in our luggage was delivered to our room very promptly. Our room was lovely and kept spotlessly clean by Rufina. Lovely large shower, clean towels every day, the fridge was well stocked all of the time, soft drinks, bottled lager, and loads of water
The ground in this hotel are fantastic and this is what bought us back. It is so lovely to see the monkeys and all the other animals in their natural environment, it is really something to see. Also around the hotel (Quetzal side) their is a lagoon with flamingos and other exotic birds, by the quetzal buffet restaurant their are also swans in a gorgeous setting.
The swimming pool is the nicest I've seen. The depth of the pool is clearly marked in all areas. In some areas it gets deeper only very gradually so its nice just for sitting in and very safe for children. I loved the aqua gym with Mauricio. Also separate childrens pool and a pool where the water polo was played. Plenty of sun loungers. Gorgeous beach, with a nice breeze.
Also forgot to mention the pool bar, nice place to chill, have a chat and meet new people from all over the world. Special mention about the barman Ivan, he is amazing, fantastic service, he should be paid double.
No problems with food, always plenty of choice. Liked the steak and Mexican restaurant. Breakfast and lunch favourite meals. Also food near the beach if you didn't want to use the restaurants. Many thanks to Rubisell in The Tucan buffet.
Whatever you think of the entertainment you have to be impressed by how hard the staff work. I loved the zumba on the beach and the aqua gym. So many different activities to do, but no pressure to do anything if you don't want to. All the star friends are lovely people especially Mauricio and Carlos. After the show at night you can have a dance. Their is a very professional band and also singers. If you're still not ready for bed their is the disco, went in a few times and even though it wasn't always my kind of music, loved it.
The nicest thing about this place are the lovely Mexican people, always show nothing but kindest and they are a credit to Iberostar .
The hotel and people are amazing . Fantastic holiday and will be returning. Thankyou to everyone at the Iberostar for giving us such a fantastic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., VISIT US, INC. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico