I came here with my family for 2weeks. I was totally awed by the settings of both the quetzal and toucan hotels. The sound of waterfalls and fountains everywhere. The walk to the pool/beach through the jungle was delightful,especially when you get the howling monkey family passing through. I loved the agoutis,peacocks and trying to spot the huge iguanas sunbathing on the trees.
The options for eating are immense. There are 5 al acarte restaurants to choose from. We ate at the steakhouse twice and I really enjoyed my salmon dish. The two main buffet areas have plenty of choice,from the salad bar,cheese selection,traditional Mexican foods,hot pasta dishes,fresh cooked tuna,salmon,durado or grouper fish.There simply no end to the choice of food.
I loved the entertainment 'star friends' team.The hard work they put in to the activities everyday is fantastic. Mauricio,Carlos,Armando,Liz,Lara,Gerardo,and many more,Well done to you all. There's 25 activities you can choose from that start around 10am to 5pm. There's no pressure to join in if you don't want to. My daily choices started with aqua arobics followed by pool games then salsa/merengé dance lesson,rifle target shooting,game of darts finished of with a game of bingo.
Our rooms were cleaned everyday. Fresh towels and toiletries. We had a ground floor apartment,so be prepared to have the local peacock and his missus come visit. They love grapes(by the way) The agoutis are fascinating creatures which liked chopped apples.
Overall I LOVED THIS PLACE! I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO LOVES NATURE. IT'S PERFECT FOR ANYONE OF ANY AGE OR WHEELCHAIR USERS.
I'm certainly going to start saving to come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., VISIT US, INC. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico