I am just back from a vacation in Playacar where I stayed at the Iberostar Tucan with my two sons (25 and 31). I don't have enough praise for the Hotel and staff.
The grounds are stunning. The layout around the jungle is perfect. Wildlife everywhere. The common areas are clean clean clean. The ground staff are ever present and thier attention is obvious. The beach and pool are clean as well. Again...attention. A short walk north on the beach will give an appreciation for the amount of attention the staff puts into keeping the beach clean.
My room...amazing (1327). Howler Monkeys at my balcony every day. And lush jungle. My room was kept spotless by the staff. The bed...yes,firm...but I liked that. Quiet. Could hear some of the show sounds from the pavillion but the shows end fairly early.
Food. I won't say excellent, but, I will say very good and plenty of variety. Considering the price I paid for this "all inclusive" and what I have paid in the past at other resorts, I have no problem using Excellent Value to desrcibe our stay. The bars are great. You don't want "well liquor" in your drinks??? ASK....just ask and you will be given any of the top shelf that is behind the bar. The bartenders and waitresses??? fantastic. Hint; talk to them, introduce yourself, TIP!!!!!!! The very first day they knew my and my sons names and never forgot ( although they did change my name to Senior' Whiskers ).
Staff. Wonderfull. Friendly. Accomadating. Attentive. Show them your appreciation and it will come back tenfold.
This hotel is a great jumping-off point for the many things to do in the area. We all, despite the age difference ( 25,31,59 ), found so much to do and see. Off grounds; try Rio Secreto, Chichen Itza, Maroma Watersports, Tulum ( it just goes on ). On grounds; there is so very much to do...snorkle, kayak and sail, swim, organized activities, or my personal favorite...reading on the beach with a Mohito.
Will I go back? Already planning a return trip. If any of the Oberistar Staff see this post, Thank You for your kindness and attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico