Just got back from Tucan. Overall, it is a decent hotel. The food and drinks leave a lot to be desired. Frozen drinks taste like fruit punch with alcohol. Did not really like any of the food, but I guess that's what you get with an all inclusive. Reception was awful when we got there, very slow!
The beach was really nice but we were not able to use the kayaks because they said the water was too rough, however, there were lots of kayaks being used at the other resorts. The grounds are kept clean, as well as the rooms. Staff was generally friendly. The pool bar was dirty.
I probably would not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., VISIT US, INC. , getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico