You'd think that picking a "5-Star" resort with all inclusive food and drink would be a smart way to avoid getting food poisoning, but evidently not. On the very first day at Iberostar Tucan Resort, somewhere between the mediocre buffets and the so-so first dinner at one of the restaurants, I ate or drank something that gave me a case of "viral gastroenteritis" (aka stomach and intestinal tract virus attack) that not only ruined my birthday (the reason for this trip) but the rest of the week as well and continues to plague me even now back home. As for the all-inclusive, well, when you can't eat or drink anything for three days it sure makes it seem like a waste of money. Beyond that, if you even want to go beyond that, the food was for the most part monotonous and not appetizing, even for my friend who was lucky enough to miss out on my problems and was actually able to eat during our visit.
As for the resort itself, it was a beautiful spot and for the most part the staff was helpful. Oh, and if you are single, don't bother going here, it's pretty much all families and couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, VISIT US, INC. , Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico