We were 07 (04 adults and 03 children) and stayed from June 30th to July 07th at the junior suites which are spacious and have a privileged access to the beach and pool area, as well as to the restaurants and bars and snacks (please note that the junior suites don't have a division, it's all in the same room space, what reduces privacy).
We were offered a welcome drink at check in and had a "golf car" transporting us to the suites with all the bags. There are two options to go from reception to the pool / beach / junior suites area - either passing close to the standard rooms or inside the vegetation, where we can meet several animal species like iguanas, monkeys, peacoks, "agouties", etc.
The restaurant close to the reception allows us to be looking at the fish that pass by while eating and the other close to the Quetzal reception allows us to be looking at swans, turtles and the flamingoes. The food served is varied with pastas, pizzas, hamburguers, hotdogs, along with international food and mexican food - unfortunately we didn't find much fresh fish, what we expected as we were so close to the sea.
The staff is very helpful and polite. The entertainment team are always trying to include the guests at the activities and they do everything from water sports to bingo, voleyball to football, etc. as well as the night shows.
We only had one thematic dinner for lack of time, so it's better to book the three right at the beginning of the stay.
Everything was always taken care, the gardens, the pool area, the beach, as well as the rooms, which were clean. The minibar had plenty of drinks that were replaced at least 03 times during the week.
The kids didn't go to the miniclub, prefered to be in the pool or at the beach - the water was fantastic (the first morning we went to the beach at 06h30 in the morning!).
The only thing that troubled us was that we should have stayed more days - maybe we can return some day :)))
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Tucan
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, VISIT US, INC. , Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.