“Vegetarians rejoice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaxapa Factory

Kaxapa Factory
Av Constituyentes, betwen 10 and 15 avenues | Av. Constituyentes Entre Avs 10 y 15 , Frente Al ScotiaBank, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
+52 984 147 1645
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Vegetarians rejoice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

What a pleasure to find a place that caters to freaks like me who don't eat meat or fish, (though they do serve it.) We ordered a bean and cheese empanada (warning - it's fried, so if you are calorie counting you should opt for something else), the meal with beans, rice, veggies and plantains, and (for my husband) a chicken sandwich thing (sorry - forgot the Argentinean names). Everything was absolutely delicious! My husband was absolutely swooning over the chicken. We would eat there again today but it's closed Mondays. We will go back tomorrow. The server explained the menu and brought a sampling of three juices. Very good service. Highly recommend especially if you are tired of the tourist places on 5th.

94% Recommend
Galveston Island, Texas
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We decided to stop by kaxapa after seeing all the amazing reviews. We had never had Venezuelan so I was intrigued to try and also interested in all the vegan options since I don't eat meat. The owner was incredibly friendly and welcoming to us. The fresh fruit juices were refreshing and very good. My husband ordered a meat a cheese pocket (can't remember the exact name) which he said was amazing and I has the kaxapa vegan which had beans, plantain, avocado and tofu it was totally amazing! We promised the owner we would come back for our one year anniversary so he could serve us desert. We will definitely fullfil that promise when we are back in town!

London
“Friendly, tasty and great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

It was lovely to discover the Kaxapa Factory thanks to the Tripadvisor reviews, as it was a perfect place for me to have a relaxed lunch and a little chat with Jose, the owner, who is, as everyone says, very friendly and welcoming!

There are several Venezuelan specialities and I think every dish has a vegan and a veggie option too. I ended up having an arepa pelua, which was a kind of corn pancake with shredded beef and manchego cheese. It was delicious, as was the fresh passionfruit juice.

I wish I'd discovered it earlier as I think I would probably have gone back several times during the week, as I found the nearby 5th avenida rather too pricey and "in your face"!

“SO GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I came here after reading the wonderful reviews, and on the recommendation of Paul from The Coffee Stop. Everyone was right on the money. The food at this place is incredible. My wife's kaxapa was one of the most delicious dishes I've ever tasted. My arepa was also incredible. The owner, Jose Ramon, was the nicest guy ever. He was very friendly and funny. His personality made the experience that much better. I can't recommend this place highly enough. GO!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food from South America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We've been to the restaurant twice since we arrived. Very friendly / homy service. Clean, organized and well timed. The food was very good! Delicious arepas, rope vieja and other dishes from Venezuela. We recommend the location.

Visited June 2013