“Love, love, loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaxapa Factory

Kaxapa Factory
Av Constituyentes, betwen 10 and 15 avenues | Av. Constituyentes Entre Avs 10 y 15 , Frente Al ScotiaBank, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
+52 984 147 1645
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
Austin, TX
“Love, love, loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

As I'm sitting here, I don't know which I loved more - the fabulous food or the charming owner and his amazing story. This is the kind of restaurant you feel so good about supporting. And the food is so delicious - the best are the kaxapas - the ones with the black beans, meat, plantains, cheese. I forgot what they are called on the menu, but they are amazing! You will not regret a meal here. It was so fun and left all of us feeling so great about the whole experience!

Austin, Texas
“You must go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Read the reviews and decided to check it out during our vacation in June. So, so glad we did. I'm not sure which we enjoyed more-the food or the wonderful experience of talking to Jose Ramon. He truly is a man who loves life! We wanted to try everything but settled on an arepa with beef and cheese, kaxapa with chicken and cheese, and empanadas with black beans and cheese. And also the most delicious passion fruit juice. The food was incredible. There is no other word for it. My boyfriend actually proclaimed his love for the kaxapa. And through the whole meal we had the most enjoyable conversation with Jose Ramon. He is a magical man. This is a magical place. Do not miss it!

Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Bonkers for Bolitas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Like many places in Playa del Carmen, Kaxapa Factory is a small place you might miss unless you were looking. What it lacks in size is more than made up in the genuine Venezuelan flavors and fantastic service. Our introduction to José Ramón was a big smile and a handshake. He is just someone you meet and instantly like. José explained the entire menu and lets to decide while he got our waters. He returned with a sample of 3 juices off the menu for us to try and we ordered the Bolitas de Queso to start. All I can say about the bolitas is I'm sorry I didn't order my own and had to share. They were wonderfully light, crispy and delicious with or without the side dipping sauces. We were there for lunch so we ordered one of the Arepas (Reina Pepiada) and one of the Kaxapa (Cachapas Pabellon) to split between us. Both were excellent! Full of flavor and filling. Wonderful comfort food on a rainy day in Playa. We were to full for dessert but next time I will save some room. Our check was 210 pz before tip. Don't miss this place on your trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Genuinely good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went for breakfast because I don't like eggs and the food was absolutely marvelous. The owner brought juices for us to try before choosing and there is a daily special for juice. The Venezuelan owners are part of the attraction of the place, but the food was really good and inexpensive. I had a wonderful beef turnover and others tried the many other options. It was all good. I would go regularly if I lived in Playa.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Accra, Ghana
“A perfect dinner experience- can't say enough about this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The food was incredible- the best we had in Mexico. The experience was a special one, partly because of the phenomenal home-style Venezuelan cooking, and partly because of the warm, welcoming atmosphere the owners created. The host even came out and treated us to a home-made papaya dessert that he had prepared. We had dinner, juice, and dessert for four, and spent under MXN 500 (about USD 40). We will definitely come back next time we are in Playa Del Carmen, and can't recommend the place highly enough!

• Visited May 2013