“No frills, great food, great people!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaxapa Factory

Kaxapa Factory
Av Constituyentes, betwen 10 and 15 avenues | Av. Constituyentes Entre Avs 10 y 15 , Frente Al ScotiaBank, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
+52 984 147 1645
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“No frills, great food, great people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Food was fantastic! We felt like we were eating at our grandparents. The flavors in the kaxapa and empanadas were delicious! The owner and his daughter were very attentive. We ordered the appetizer kaxapa, Venezuelan empanadas, chicken arepas. I wished we had room to try the plantains!!!! Make sure to try some cilantro sauce and beef kaxapas. Easy walk from 5th avenue on constitution a few blacks between 10/15 ave. don't blink or you will miss it, green awning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

94% Recommend
oklahoma
“A must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Adorable Venezuelan restaurant. Just like eating on the patio of your grandparents house. Charming owner. Jose the happy waiter is precious and very attentive customer. The food is all home made and cooked to order and it is delicious! Good portions and fairly priced. I will eat here again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco
“Wonderful family owned business with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

It's refreshing to find a family run business in the bustle of Playa. As a recent reviewer said, this place has excellent vegetarian and vegan options. The owner couldn't be more gracious and accommodating and the food is superb and reasonably priced.

NOTE: the owner is a huge Red Sox fan so if you're coming from New England, I suspect a cap or other souvenir would be most welcome.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brasilia
“Best service ever... Food is delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Got there after so many nice reviews here. The owner received us with a large smile and as soon as we asked for the juice menu, he prompty came with a tasting of all his juices. I asked about the ice tea and he also handed me some jamaican flower tea to taste before ordering.
The food was tastefull and the portions were generous for the price. Venezuelan food there was much better than many places I tried in Venezuela.
You should give it a try! :-)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
“Simply perfecto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I loved this place. I am mostly vegetarian and always searching for great places to eat. We attempted to eat at this quaint spot on our first day in Playa however the tables were all full so we attempted again the next day and we were so glad we did!

The Kaxapa Chevere was wonderful. Filled with black beans, fried plantain, oaxaca cheese, and avocado, I was delighted and pleasantly full. I ordered an empanada on top of this and when it came I was too full to eat it so had to take out. The juices were a great compliment and the owner spent time explaining the dishes with such detail.

If I ever return to Playa, I will definitely make this an eating destination...

• Visited March 2013