“Paradisius la Perla” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla

You added Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla to your Saves list
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5a Av Esq Calle 112 | Col. Luis Donaldo Colosio, Playa del Carmen 77719, Mexico   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #13 of 199 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston, Texas
“Paradisius la Perla”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Staff was amazing, helpful and friendly.
The royal service was worth the money.
The beach was rocky and smelled of rotting seaweed but the pool was lovely.
There are many dining options for dinner but very few for lunch. Overall the food was average at best.

Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (952)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our first time in PDC. This resort is amazing. Its got a adult side and a kids side. The place is huge too. We liked the buffet for breakfast...lunch if we weren't by the pool and just ate the food at the sunrise or sunset cafe. The food there is amazing. Everyone is very helpful and speaks pretty much good English.
As far as money...ATM is the best way to get it. The resort had it at a reasonable rate...but the ATM was best. On 5th ave the exchange rate varied from 14.75 to 1 at places to 12 to 1 at certain restaurants. Its best bang for your buck to pay with pesos or use a credit/debit card. But make sure you call your bank/ card company to let them know your going out of the US or they block your card thinking it was stolen.
Drink there were Anything you wanted...top shelf alcohol was easily asked for.
Food was great...try The Grill if u like steak, chicken,..any type of meat....its a cool experience.
They had lil dance groups/shows during the day for entertainment and set shows at night so that was cool.
We didn't to the royal service...wasn't needed. The beach wasn't as bad as other reviews had stated..but maybe cuz we didn't get out there till 11am...Lol. But it looked fine to us.
Overall we would for sure go back. My gf and I had a great time. Went from may 14 to 21.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Even though the average star rating of this resort is high, a lot of the reviews bag on things like the beach and service. It can be a bit disheartening if you've just paid a bunch of money to come, so I wanted to assure travelers, this place is very nice. You won't be sorry you booked it, just maybe temper some expectations.

The beach was great. Super convenient to get to via a boardwalk through the mangrove trees. We never had any trouble getting loungers at any time in the day, and we were told the resort was full. Its just a real beach, in a real city where real people also live and enjoy the beach. If you are hoping for endless white sand vistas and a ton of privacy, this just isn't the place for that. But the water was that nice turquoise color, and clean, and the sand was appropriately sandy. I read my book, took a few dips, and then rinsed off and jumped into the pool. One time we took some beers out and watched the sun set. I found that these experiences satisfied my beach needs.

The service was also great. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. However, just keep in mind that if you are not fluent in Spanish, there might be some disconnect. Everyone speaks English, but its typically not their first language. Meanwhile, I speak a little bit of Spanish, but it didn't help, because I am a weirdo who immediately becomes flustered and starts stammering random words like "biblioteca." No matter how much you might flounder around, just keep smiling and saying "por favor" and "gracias" where appropriate, and they will help you get what you need. I did not encounter one rude person at the resort. I did see several guests getting frustrated and upset. Just don't do that, and you will be OK. You're on vacation, and everyone is there to help. Also, you don't need to tip, but it's nice to do, and people appreciate it. You can tip in both dollars and pesos.

One nice thing that can become an annoyance is the amount of times the staff is in your guest room. They are there to clean up, restock the fridge, towels, turn down, leave chocolates or some nice notes, or even some complimentary wine and things. It can actually feel like too much by the end of the week, so if you have everything you need in your room, just be sure to leave your Do Not Disturb sign up. Otherwise, they are almost guaranteed to come by every time you leave.

I thought the food was really great. It was my first All Inclusive, and I was a little worried about it. Though few things would qualify as the "Best ___ I Ever Ate!" there were some real stand outs (I really loved the restaurant Mole) and I didn't have a single bad meal. There are attempts to bring some Mexican authenticity to most every option. I am not authentically Mexican, so I can't say if it was a success, but most everything was tasty at least.

Be sure to book an excursion through the travel agency while you are there! We did one through them, and one on our own, and the one we did through them worked out much better. They booked us a trip with a company called Alltournative, and it was great.

Overall, relax and enjoy. You are in good hands.

Room Tip: Try the swim-up rooms! We passed on it initially, but once we saw it, we thought it was cool.
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night 6 day anniversary trip. This was our 2nd time at this resort. I have to say our first stay was slightly better than this stay. We arrived Monday morning - at 3pm we were brought to our room which I wasn't happy with. We booked an ocean view 1 bedroom Jr Lux suite(the same category that we booked the 1st time) and we were brought to something along those lines but wasn't the same room type as the first time. I called the front desk and told them I was unhappy with this room it wasn't what we booked and paid for. Without any aggravation to us they moved us right away to what I was expecting. Regardless of this little hiccup I would still return for a 3rd time (Paradisus Costa Rica is next for us).

The food was outstanding. We ate at Olio which was new to us this time around, the Market, Bana - my favorite, Mole which I personally didn't enjoy and Fuego another favorite. The morning buffets are always good. I usually get an omelette made.

We spent all of our time at the main pool. We get down early because we are early risers and it's never difficult to get a chair. There music is in the swim up pool is amazing (Ramon is the bartender at the swim up that we enjoyed! He was super friendly and his drinks were delicious)! Cristina was our waitress pool side which was always right on top of everything. She made sure we were always happy. Thursday's they have a pool party which was so much fun!

I'm not really a beach person, I enjoy the pool much more. We did however take a walk to the beach and it did seem smaller than our 1st time here. Didn't matter to us either way it's still beautiful.

Overall our trip was amazing. We met so many nice people that we will continue to keep in touch with. Paradisus La Perla is my favorite AI in Mexico. If you are reading reviews to decide to go there or not - trust me you will NOT be disappointed.

waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Even though it was and all expenses paid trip, we had the best time here everybody was very helpful and nice.
We would definitely recommend this place to everybody that is going to mexico. Very clean and great service

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Traveling from Denver, we were so excited to get to the beach. The Lounge chairs and beach set up was terrible! We couldn't believe it. The pool area was amazing, but the beach is where we wanted to spend our time. The sand was not raked, lounge chairs were nothing special, and they never had enough umbrellas. If your looking for clear blue water and a clean relaxing beach - you can't find it here unfortunately. The beach portion was as though you were at a completely different resort.

The food was good, great service, and the resort was very pretty. There are almost no rooms with ocean views because of the way the resort is laid out. We had a pool view and loved it - the pool area was beautiful and quiet at night so we were happy!

On our last day we took a ferry to Cozumel (don't buy a round trip ticket). On our way there we rented a Vespa from CB rentals for $25 for the day which came with insurance. We rented snorkeling gear from them as well for $10 and took the Vespa around the entire island stopping at Mayan ruins, beach clubs, restaurants, and random beaches. It was AMAZING. We swam off the shore and snorkeled and really just enjoyed the ride along the coast. It was beautiful. In total we spent about $140 for 2 people that day, shopping near the Cozumel port on our way back to Playa Del Carmen. Make sure you take a ferry early (9am) - so you can truly experience all that Cozumel has to offer!!

Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The property was beautiful, the staff was friendly, the food was great......and the drinks were cold! Plenty of room to be private or part of a group. Also, loved seeing the Coati and iguanas. We'll definitely be back!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla? Share your experiences!