After spending a couple days in the city of Playa del Carmen and then Tulum, this was a welcome, pampered retreat, the perfect way to spend the last 6 days of our time in Mexico. Here are my thoughts:
Room: We had a Royal Service room on the 3rd floor that faced the ocean and Royal Service pool. Great view. Loved the bed and the room was very spacious, clean and loved the decor.
Royal Service: We went this route and I would do it again if it was a few hundred dollars more than a regular room, but if there was a huge price differential, not sure. The day we checked in our butler was "on vacation" which was an odd first impression, but she was great after that. The Royal Service pool is nice to have, although a REALLY LOUD obnoxious group of people were there so some days we'd escape to the regular pool as it was actually quieter. Its no wonder Americans have a bad reputation outside our country (I'm American so I can say that), but I digress...there was a restaurant open to RS people only, but we only had lunch there once so I can't really comment on it. There were so many other restaurants we wanted to try! We did take advantage of the aromatherapy pillows (an RS benefit) and they were to die for. And our butler then refreshed the scent everyday. I want to find that spray!
Restaurants: We enjoyed them all. We did pay for Passions and it was TOTALLY worth it. Just do it, you won't regret it.
Kids: While you are on the adults only side, kids can be in all of the restaurants with the exception of maybe two of them, which was surprising to us. I would suggest that the hotel make each restaurant kid free one night a week in order to give a quieter dining experience for those who specifically booked on the kid free side.
Nightlife: Lots to do! Great shows that aren't cheesy and we LOVED Club Gabi. Fun bands, DJ's and great to be outside. I didn't really care for the Red bar -- they should keep everything out in Gabi where we can be outside!
As it relates to shows, make sure you are at the pool the day the DJ plays -- quite a spectacle. =)
Staff: We were so impressed by the level of service by everyone we interacted with. No complaints only compliments!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a spectacular tiny bay, the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel for adults only, and one of the most luxurious hotels in Riviera Maya. Combining a prestigious Caribbean setting with world-class facilities, including Royal Service, the ultimate in spa treatments, a relaxed ambience, and flexible meeting spaces with state-of-the-art equipment. This elegant resort has a Mayan ecological feeling, and an oceanfront location surrounded by a lush tropical mangrove preserve and with views of Cozumel Island. Take your senses on a culinary tour through eleven remarkable restaurants serving delicious cuisine from all around the world and ten bars serving unlimited international Premium brand drinks. Enjoy life-enriching experiences such as tango dance classes, sushi-making, and sensorial experiences. This luxury All-Inclusive Adults Only Resort is located 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport very near the magnificent beaches and attractions such as the Playa del Carmen 5th Avenue, Xcaret, Akumal and Xel-Ha. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Melia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico