We stayed at the Paradisus La Perla from Dec 20-27. It was the nicest resort we’ve ever stayed in the past 12 yrs of us travelling to All-Inclusive resorts and we’ve stayed at some pretty great resorts! The service was phenomenal! Definitely the best service we’ve ever had anywhere! A big thank you to DIEGO, Hector, and Eucrardo from the Pool Bar! DANIEL from the South Ave bar! CECILIO from Mole! CARLOS, the sommelier from the Mexican wine tasting! The Manager at Passions! ANDREA from the Market! They went above and beyond for us!
CHECK IN was quick and efficient. Our room was even ready early, which was great. But then we were brought over to a sitting area to explain the resort amenities, etc… and we got the good ‘ol timeshare speech. We were told we could get a spa massage for $70, instead of $125 and we’d get a free meal at Passions if we went to this 90-min meeting. He swore it wasn’t a timeshare meeting. They just wanted to show us the Presidential suites, etc.. so we can promote these rooms to our friends and family. We agreed and of course it was all BS. We knew darn well it would be a timeshare meeting but we went anyways for the discounted massage and meal at Passions. The presentation was fine and all and we were considering it but they were extremely pushy. The girl who toured us even brought in someone else to help her convince us it was a good idea. We asked if we could think about it and they said no. Who in their right mind goes on vacation thinking they would drop $20k-$130k USD on a timeshare right then and there. Not us. That put a bad taste in our mouths.
The resort is absolutely beautiful! I loved the vibe and the décor of absolutely everything here. Simply WOW!
It’s NOT a true “ADULTS ONLY”. The sushi restaurant (Bana) allows kids from 6-8pm but we were sitting at the South Ave Bar and we saw families walking around even past 10pm. They should enforce the rules. If I pay for Adults only, that’s what I expect. I don’t want to hear crying kids at 10pm while sharing a drink with my husband. For the price we paid, I don’t think it’s that much to ask for.
We ate at the following A La Cartes: Bana, Passions, The Market, The Grill and Mole. The food and service was good for the most part. We did find the meat to be on the fatty side. No matter what we tried.
The POOL was extremely cold, which was odd as it was relatively hot that week… We weren’t the only ones who thought that. However, On Christmas day, they had a pool party with a live DJ and electro cello player. It was great ambiance and the music was pretty good! The pool was a very happening place and everybody was having a great time! Unlike anything we’ve ever seen at any other resort!
There’s not much of a BEACH. Most of the chairs were on a slanted hill, which I wondered how comfortable it was to lay out there. We took one walk along it and it’s very rocky and at some parts, it’s full of garbage. Total downside for beach lovers…
MASSAGES at the spa were nice. I would definitely recommend the spa, although I found it quite weird to have an attendant there the entire time. While I was in the sauna, steam bath.. she even scared me when I got out of the shower. Creepy. Unecessary.
The resort has a lot of ACTIVITIES for everyone. Yoga, spinning, water aerobics, wine tasting (which was a lot of fun with Carlos), Tequila tasting, etc. There’s something for everyone.
Try not to forget anything as the gift shop is very expensive. I paid $12 for cold mends, $4 for Vicks lozenges and $32 for sun tan lotion. 5th av in Playa del Carmen is only a short cab ride away if the shops are too steep.
My last and most important tip is to TIP! I know it says that gratuities are included but that does not mean the employees make more. If you receive good service, which I can promise you that you will, then tip to show your appreciation!
We did not do any excursions as this was our 5th time to the area. We did take a cab to Playa del Carmen's shopping zone, which is $10 US each way.
All in all, it was a great vacation and I would definitely go back here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a spectacular tiny bay, the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is an All Inclusive hotel for adults only, and one of the most luxurious hotels in Riviera Maya. Combining a prestigious Caribbean setting with world-class facilities, including Royal Service, the ultimate in spa treatments, a relaxed ambience, and flexible meeting spaces with state-of-the-art equipment. This elegant resort has a Mayan ecological feeling, and an oceanfront location surrounded by a lush tropical mangrove preserve and with views of Cozumel Island. Take your senses on a culinary tour through eleven remarkable restaurants serving delicious cuisine from all around the world and ten bars serving unlimited international Premium brand drinks. Enjoy life-enriching experiences such as tango dance classes, sushi-making, and sensorial experiences. This luxury All-Inclusive Adults Only Resort is located 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport very near the magnificent beaches and attractions such as the Playa del Carmen 5th Avenue, Xcaret, Akumal and Xel-Ha. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Melia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico