“Look no further - Absolutely Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla

You added Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla to your Saves list
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5a Av Esq Calle 112 | Col. Luis Donaldo Colosio, Playa del Carmen 77719, Mexico   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #13 of 200 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reading, United Kingdom
“Look no further - Absolutely Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This resort was absolutely incredible, the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Believe all the reviews and treat yourself to the best holiday you'll have. Resort transfers were Bestday and they were excellent, it's a 45 minute transfer. I would say however that we felt the swim up rooms weren't a good choice, they are very overlooked and don't join the main pool so you have to either get to your room by walking around the resort and into the building or get wet, get out and cross into the pool that serves your room. The jacuzzi rooms were better as they were 1st floor and upwards so more private.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or sea view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear guest,

We appreciate your recommendation to future tourist to live the Paradisus experience and discover everything we offer to our guests.

We are pleased to read you enjoyed the comfort in your room including the jacuzzi on the terrace an unique spot to admire the Caribbean or a beautiful started sky.

Please consider to come back to Paradisus for your next beach holidays.

alan.becerril@melia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (932)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I think the people who wrote the bad reviews are just spoilt brats or delusional... Here is what you can ACTUALLY expect when staying at Paradisus la Perla:
Cold towels and a delicious cold drink upon arrival (they know you're coming and they're waiting to greet you), you car door is opened and closed for you, you bags are taken out of the car for you and taken to your room, and you car is valet parked for you for FREE. You are checked in quickly by very polite staff who are so happy you are there (we got a free upgrade from junior swim-up suite to master swim-up suite). You get a cute bracelet that you have to wear throughout your stay so the staff know that you're staying on the la perla side and you've got the all inclusive plan. I saw someone complain about the bracelet in a review, and she took it off and then got told off... well DUH you're told you have to keep it on, and what do you think they gave it to you for?! Anyway... Then you meet your concierge and sit down and have a chat about the hotel and local area, we had Fernando who was lovely, very helpful and always ALWAYS happy to see us, although we didn't see him much towards the end of our stay... He told us where everything was, what's around locally and how to get there, what each restaurant was like, and then he made us reservations at the restaurants we wished to eat at, with no problems at all. Then we were shown our room and left to rest and explore the hotel. The room was AMAZING! Clean and comfortable, with a fully stocked mini-bar (which is all completely free... water, soft drinks, beer and snacks!). And AC you can control yourself :D And a turn down service with chocolates YUM! The pool is cleaned daily (the only thing I saw floating in the pool was beautiful pink petals from the plants growing around the pool, it was a gorgeous sight). The pool isn't heated but it's warm enough. There's soothing music playing around the pool, it's all chilled-out covers of popular classics like queen/beatles/abba etc, it's nice :) . There are casita beds around the pool and sun loungers, you DO NOT have to pay extra to use these but you might want to save one for yourself by putting a towel on it as they're very popular. I spent a long time on these casitas, cuddling my hubby and enjoying my surroundings :) the staff at the pool bar wait on you from your casita too, so we never had to leave!
The whole hotel (it's huge btw!) is gorgeous and so lovely just to walk around in. A lot of it is open-air, lots of water features, koi ponds, SO many places to sit down and cuddle/have a chat, lots of bars you can grab a drink from. And NO kids (unless you venture over to the middle area...), no kids at all on the la perla side, it was lovely :)
The beach is nice, not AMAZING but it's nice sand, clear water, plenty of places to sit/lie down and get waited on by the beach bar staff (so again, you don't have to get up and go get yourself a drink, just sit back and relax).
The restaurants are great! We ate at everyone except Passion (it's not included in the all inclusive plan), we ate at Fuego twice because it was so good, small portions, but still amazing, Vento was delicious too! The only one I wasn't in love with was Bana, service was a bit poor and my food was cold... but the sushi was great and desserts delicious too. Oh and we ate at La Palapa for dinner once too, service was amazing! (it is on the Royal Service side...) food was just ok though...
If you're planning on getting married here, we saw them setting up for a wedding and they really do an amazing job.
Special mention goes to Luis at the Sunset pool bar, he was great, remembered my name, remembered that my husband and I don't drink alcohol and always said hi if he saw me swimming around. Martin and Alfredo at the very front of the hotel doing the valet parking/getting taxis, they were both very nice and very helpful, also both remembered my name so it felt very welcoming to come back to the hotel everyday. Martin also grabbed some towels for us when he heard we were going to Tulum, because there's an amazing beach to swim at (which we had no idea about), and we're glad he did! It was the best beach EVER!
My husband and I didn't spend a penny on food or drinks at the hotel, you can pay for something like specialty drinks or if you want to eat at Passion, but we didn't feel the need to.
You have to pay extra for spa treatments (obviously), I didn't do any, they are a little pricey...
All in all, my husband and I had an amazing week at la perla :) sure they didn't do anything extra special even though it was our honeymoon but whatever, that's why you should book the honeymoon package right? And since we don't drink we don't need the chilled champagne, and we know how to run a bubble bath... (we had 2 jacuzzi tubs by the way, one inside, one outside).
The only advice I'd give is... use bug repellant, liberally, there are mosquitos outside and they want to suck your blooooood. Don't bring suncream/after sun/tanning oil/bronzer etc, they sell all that at the shops at the hotel. Eat at the breakfast buffet everyday, and try new things! I loved the bananas cooked with coconut :) mmmm. Try and speak as much spanish as you can, yes everyone there can speak english but it's not their first language and you are in their country, it's just polite, don't be that arrogant guy that won't even say 'hola' or 'gracias', you don't have to be fluent, just be courteous.
Oh and 1 last thing, if you're like me and you wear false eyelashes from time to time, make sure you put them away in their little box/packaging! I didn't and the housekeeping threw them away :( must have thought they were some strange bugs.... lol
So go, have fun, relax, explore or whatever it is you wanna do, you can do it all here at Paradisus la Perla.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your last stay at Paradisus La Perla.
We gladly receive feedback from our guests as all of you are our reason to persist on the hospitality industry and be successful on it. We appreciate you took some minutes of your time to write your comments from your honeymoon with us.

Fernando, Luis, Martin and Alfredo will be notified about your recognition to their remarkable job. As you mentioned they were an important part of your honeymoon and they deserve to know it. Being part of the service industry, it is always gratifying to get appreciation to the work you perform every day.

It is also pleasant to know you had a wonderful time just relaxing on the different sitting areas around the resort. Those spaces were designed thinking about our guest need to rest, enjoy the warm weather, the Caribbean breeze, while they are pampered by our always smiling staff. As you stated, all of us feel happy to practice some Spanish with our guests.

Thank you again for your kind words, for all the photos you have uploaded and for your preference. It would be fantastic for us to host you again to provide you another memorable and unforgettable experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

After reading earlier reviews in the spring my wife and I booked our honeymoon at Paradisus La Perla and the resort and service were just as described, amazing. Being on our honeymoon we decided to go with the Royal Service option and it was well worth it. Staying in the Royal Service section you have access to the cabanas on the beach which are a great perk and where we spent the majority of our time. The beach was beautiful and while there is a large amount of coral in the water there are some great sandy swimming areas, just look for the blue water. We checked out snorkels from the dive center and snorkeled right on the beach. In addition to the beach I must mention the two best things about the resort, the service and the food. Everyone we met from our butlers Manolo and Fernando to the pool concierge Arturo where absolutely outstanding. They were there to provide anything we needed without being intrusive. This also goes for all of the wait staff at the various restaurants. Having the butlers was also very helpful as they made all of our dinner reservations and booked our excursion for us. Additionally they prepared a bath with rose petals, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for us after learning we there on our honeymoon. I really cannot say enough about how amazing everyone was. Lastly, the food was excellent. We had the opportunity to eat at each of the resort restaurants and they were all great in their own ways.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for considering Paradisus La Perla – Royal Service to celebrate a special celebration like your honeymoon. We gladly receive our guests’ comments describing every detail that made possible an unforgettable experience during their stay, just the way you did.

We are pleased to read you relaxed completely at the sandy beach, got pampered by Arturo at the Royal Service pool, the details prepared by Manolo and Fernando, and that you took advantage of our LUXEclusive plan with several options at all our a la cart restaurants, buffets, bars and snack bars.

We are glad to read we did not disappointed you and it would be nice to have you back for your 1st wedding anniversary or to celebrate any other special occasion with us.

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My now husband and I just spend an amazing week at The La Perla Royal Service. All I can say it was well worth it. The rooms were clean and great in size plenty of room. We were welcomed by Erik and not nothing but smiles. We had only one issue the entire time that we were there with our first butler. To be honest we felt like even asking for waters was burden and it took 2 days to get 2 extra bottles. This all quickly changed once Eduardo became our butler. We were blown away by change. We had constant confirmations in our room about reservations no detail was missed. Also a huge thank you to Omar at the royal service check in as well. In regards to the rest of the staff they were all amazing.

Arturo, Usias, Manuel and Emanuel all at the royal service pool took care of us hand and foot. I swear Arturo probably runs a marathon every day taking care of everyone. Usias and Manuel at pool bar make amazing cocktails and are all smiles. Thank you to all you we had a blast .

The staff at the Palapa was amazing as well ,Gabriel, Cobalar in the mornings and Jesus in the evenings.

As far as the food went amazing. From the decor to the plating to the flavors all the food was delicious. Our last night we enjoyed a private dinner on the beach and that was well worth it. The service immaculate.

Lastly the resort is amazing the beach is crystal clear, the pools have plenty of lounging room. If you are considering royal service I say go for it it was worth every penny.

Dear guest,

By your review, we can see you have taken advantage of all the facilities, taste some delightful meals at our restaurants, enjoy our life enriching activities and relax completely at your Royal Service suite; without excluding the great service that the staff provides every day.

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe almost every corner form the resort, from the calm beach, restaurants, pool area, décor in general and of course the attentive and caring service provided by our staff, specially from Erik, Omar, Eduardo, Emmanuel, Arturo, Usias, Manuel, Gabriel and Jesús. Be sure that all of them will receive your notes in order to motivate them to continue providing excellent service always with a smile on their face.

Once again, thank you for your preference, for your kind words, and we hope you allow us to host you again at Paradisus La Perla – Royal Service.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is just a paradise you can't imagine that exists. The rooms are spacious and had a huge jacuzzi at the balcony. The restaurants are gorgeaous and the food delicious. The breakfast was the best I ever had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear guest,

Receiving comments reflecting our guest satisfaction is always gratifying. We work hard every day to accomplish our main goal, and it is great to know you have an everlasting memory form your recent stay at Paradisus La Perla.

We will be waiting for your return and we value your preference.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I have never written a review before but my experience at Paradisus was so exceptional that I must. The facility is beautiful. It may not look Mayan but it does look great. The food and restaurants were spectacular. This is not a typical all you can eat menu with a lot of cheap filling food. These were gourmet restaurants with sophisticated menus that delivered on their promise. The rooms were very attractively decorated and the rain shower from the ceiling was great. We also enjoyed the whirlpool tub on the balcony. All of these things were terrific. But what made our stay truly magical was the staff. They could not do enough to please. They anticipated our every need and got things for us before we even know we wanted them. I would like to mention by name two people that really stood out. First off is Renau Arroyo, who is a server at Restuarant La Palapa. He had an infectious smile, made suggestions for breakfast that were suitable for my wife and me, and by the second time we were there, already knew our name. This was the furthest restaurant from our room but we went there for breakfast anyway just to see him. The true treasure at Paradisus is Griselda, our concierge at Club Melia. She introduced is to people and places at the resort, made sure we didn't forget to make dinner reservations, delivered to us champagne for our wedding anniversary(her idea),and made our trip unforgettable. We were sad to have to say good bye to her. I heartily recommend this resort if you are going to the Riviera Maya. It may not be cheap, but it truly was a value

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear guest,

It is magnificent when we know trough your notes that our principal goal was achieved, your entire satisfaction after enjoying everything Paradisus offers.

We are proud to read that some of our staff members made from your stay an unforgettable experience, like Renau at La Palapa and Griselda from Club Meliá. Both of them will be informed about your recognition to their outstanding and caring attention to you.

We appreciate you gave us your fist review on Trip Advisor and we would love to pamper you again for your next beach vacations.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

From the moment we checked in, to the moment we left our experience was outstanding. The lobby and the check in crew were fantastic and most accomodating. Our personal
concierge Fernando was beyond fantastic meeting and exceeding our every request. The crew at breakfast Enrique, Evelio and Teo were exceptional. They are extremely curteous and accomodating. By far the BEST bartenders were at the pool bar!!Hector, Milkeades and Rigoberto were the best!!They were not only great bartenders, but entertainers as well!
Our overall experience on a scale of 1-10 was an 11!
We would highly recomend the whole Paradisus brand, and particularly this property!

Room Tip: Go for the swim up room!! it will make your experience complete!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion regarding our facilities and the service you received during your last stay at Paradisus La Perla.

It is good to know you had a great time at our spaces carefully designed to create an enjoyable, classy and relaxing atmosphere for our distinguished visitors, just like you.

Thank you for recognizing the staff effort to satisfy every single of your needs. We work hard to succeed our guests expectations starting from the main gate, passing through every bar and restaurant you visit, until you have to go back home. We will communicate your notes to Fernando, Enrique, Evelio, Teo, Héctor, Melquiades and Rigoberto, we appreciate you remember their names.

We value your recommendation to future visitors we would love to host you again for your upcoming vacations in Playa del Carmen.

alan.becerril@melia.com

Been to Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla? Share your experiences!