We just spent 6 nights and 7 days at La Perla. We have never previously booked an all-inclusive and this was not a good choice for a first time stay.
The Good -
The property is beautiful
Beautiful beach acess with lots of lounge chairs.
We got a free room upgrade because all rooms like the one we booked were full. This was a nice bonus.
The staff was friendly.
Some of the restuarants were quite good.
The Bad -
The layout is weird - sometimes you can't get there from here and it takes a lot of extra walking and time to get where you are going.
This is NOT an adults only facaility since the family side of the resort shares part of the resort with the adult side. The evening shows are quite entertaining except for the run amok kids whose parents won't corral them or make them behave.
You have limited options for breakfast - only a limited buffet. Lunch was not much better.
Dinner reservations had to be made for every evening meal. What a bother - the resort wasn't even busy!
The Ugly -
This is why we will not go back to La Perla. The room above ours had a toilet issue that caused the water to run constantly, overflow and drip into our bathroom right over our toilet. It took the resort 5 hours just to shut the water off to the toilet upstairs. All the while there is water dripping into our room over our toilet.
Another kicker - a high pressure tactic to get you to join their time share.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a spectacular tiny bay, the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel for adults only, and one of the most luxurious hotels in Riviera Maya. Combining a prestigious Caribbean setting with world-class facilities, including Royal Service, the ultimate in spa treatments, a relaxed ambience, and flexible meeting spaces with state-of-the-art equipment. This elegant resort has a Mayan ecological feeling, and an oceanfront location surrounded by a lush tropical mangrove preserve and with views of Cozumel Island. Take your senses on a culinary tour through eleven remarkable restaurants serving delicious cuisine from all around the world and ten bars serving unlimited international Premium brand drinks. Enjoy life-enriching experiences such as tango dance classes, sushi-making, and sensorial experiences.This luxury All-Inclusive Adults Only Resort is located 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport very near the magnificent beaches and attractions such as the Playa del Carmen 5th Avenue, Xcaret, Akumal and Xel-Ha. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Melia, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.