Holiday at La Perla : 6/10/12 and 20/10/12
I have to say that The hotel is amazing, no expenses spared on the decor and food!
We had such a lovely time it was exactly what we were looking for in a holiday - with the nightlife and entertainment to boot!
I have broken down the good and bad points below, however don't let some of the extremely over critical reviews on TA put you off booking La Perla - we would go back here in a heartbeat!!
Amazing Food - all the restaurants are great even the buffets!
Well kept grounds and pool
Plenty of alcohol flowing!
Staff are extremely polite and cannot do enough for you right from the room cleaners, bell boys, pool staff through to the guest services - Christina was our guardian angel by the pool and kept us well hydrated all day long, even if it wasn't always with the water! Thanks Christina your lovely! x
Mini Bar - We had to call reception daily to get them to stock the mini bar - this was not done automatically which i was surprised by!
Sound proofing - This is really not great - if the room above or to the side wakes early or goes to bed late then so will you!
Families - Most of the evening entertainment and the main Gabi club is located in the center of the hotel which can be accessed by families.
Also several of the restaurants are are located on La Esmerelda side (which is the family part of the resort) we had no issues with this however if your looking for adult only you need to bear this in mind.
Time Share - The guest services will try and get you to take a 'tour' if the hotel with the promise of chocolates and tequila. This is merely a way of showing you more about the melia group and selling places in the time share - don't get me wrong if we had the money i would be interested by $35,000 upfront is quite hefty!!
Overall La Perla is AMAZING!
I would give it 5* and recommend to family and friends !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a spectacular tiny bay, the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel for adults only, and one of the most luxurious hotels in Riviera Maya. Combining a prestigious Caribbean setting with world-class facilities, including Royal Service, the ultimate in spa treatments, a relaxed ambience, and flexible meeting spaces with state-of-the-art equipment. This elegant resort has a Mayan ecological feeling, and an oceanfront location surrounded by a lush tropical mangrove preserve and with views of Cozumel Island. Take your senses on a culinary tour through eleven remarkable restaurants serving delicious cuisine from all around the world and ten bars serving unlimited international Premium brand drinks. Enjoy life-enriching experiences such as tango dance classes, sushi-making, and sensorial experiences. This luxury All-Inclusive Adults Only Resort is located 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport very near the magnificent beaches and attractions such as the Playa del Carmen 5th Avenue, Xcaret, Akumal and Xel-Ha. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Melia, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico