“Personable, professional, fantastic diving!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 240 activities in Playa del Carmen
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: DiveMex is a small dive center in downtown Playa del Carmen close to the public bus station, the ferry and the public transport station for tulum and cancunDiving with us is so much more than just get dressed, jump into the water and dive. The personal experience of every diver is very important to us and that's why we only dive in small groups up to 4 divers. Safe diving, no rushing and personal service guaranteed.You will get the best diving experience possible, regardless if you are at the beggining of your diving career or already an advanced diver.We offer daily diving excursions to the local reefs of Playa del Carmen, to the amazing reefs of Cozumel and to the breathtaking Cenotes.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Personable, professional, fantastic diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Dirk and the other staff (Emilio, Matt) are fantastic to deal with - friendly and accommodating! I recently did 3 days of diving with them over the course of a week-long vacation. 2 days of cenotes, 1 ocean day. I showed up without a firm reservation on the first day (not recommending that...), having only exchanged a few emails, but they fit me in and made the rest of my diving trips a breeze.

I lucked out and got my own private guide on two dives, with the third being a small group of 3 divers + guide. I am only a recently certified diver and felt that the staff was very professional, good with equipment fitting, and thorough with safety procedures. They can also accommodate many languages - English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and probably a few more. Impressed by the whole experience - will go back if I vacation there again!

“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I decided to try SCUBA for the first time while on a trip to Playa del Carmen. After using tripadvisor.com for research, we chose DiveMex. We couldn't be happier with our experience. We had one instructor (Matthew) for the two of us -- which, if you read the reviews of other diving operations, you'll find is not very common at all. More importantly, we felt completely comfortable and safe the entire time.

On our two dives, we were able to see quite a bit of sea life -- including a sea turtle and stingray. Matthew was great at helping us see all the different creatures and sights we might have otherwise missed.

If you're looking at dive companies, DiveMex certainly deserves the top ratings it gets on tripadvisor.com. We're looking forward to going with these guys again on our next trip back!

Matt and Candice

Stratsburg Pa
“Great Diving At Divemex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great Diving and Great Staff. We had a very enoyable time Diving! The seas were a little rough but that didnt stop us from going

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
“Dirk and his staff were awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and kids were doing their first open water dive and Dirk, Emilio and Elana were all very friendly and professional. Our son missed his last class at home and Dirk was able to accommodate us so that the kids were on the same schedule and could dive together (after 2 morning sessions/test). The dives were great and we can't say enough about the personal manner in which we were treated. We will definitely use their shop again!

Visited June 2013
Edmonton, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“The Right Stuff for Newbie or Expert (I Think)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I just had a great day of diving with DiveMex. I've got limited experience as I just went through the PADI program last month back home in Canada. DiveMex seemed to offer something for all skill levels, including mine; newbie.

The staff were great, very helpful. They seemed to be passionate both about diving and about the safety and enjoyment of the people they're responsible for.

Visited June 2013