“Great staff and fun diving” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 252 activities in Playa del Carmen
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: DiveMex is a small dive center in downtown Playa del Carmen close to the public bus station, the ferry and the public transport station for tulum and cancunDiving with us is so much more than just get dressed, jump into the water and dive. The personal experience of every diver is very important to us and that's why we only dive in small groups up to 4 divers. Safe diving, no rushing and personal service guaranteed.You will get the best diving experience possible, regardless if you are at the beggining of your diving career or already an advanced diver.We offer daily diving excursions to the local reefs of Playa del Carmen, to the amazing reefs of Cozumel and to the breathtaking Cenotes.
Toronto, Canada
“Great staff and fun diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went down to Mexico recently specifically to go diving in the area. I am relatively new to diving and the entire staff at DiveMex were amazing. I did 10 dives over 5 days while there including getting my AOW. I enjoyed the Cenotes diving a lot as it was far different to anything I had done. And the deep diving in the Moche Deep reef wall was breathtaking, seeing some species I had not previously seen.

All the staff, from the owners, divemasters, instructors and Alana who was working at the counter were very friendly, helpful and made me feel like I made the right choice of a dive centre.

Thank you guys I had a great trip.

Visited June 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Great Diving in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Quick overview, this is a SAFE and reliable company that was extremely fun to dive with. Very reasonably priced. We are already talking about when we can go back. We dove Playa, Cozumel, and two days of Cenotes.

My husband and I recently took a trip to Playa del Carmen for the first time at the end of May. I booked with DiveMex as they were the only company to respond to my email questions. Dirk responded to at least 3 emails prior to our trip and customized a dive schedule for the week. This put me completely at ease with the operation before we even arrived.

Upon arriving we agreed on the schedule for the week, but they were flexible with changes as we wanted to add an extra day at the end to return to our favorite spot. Every day the instructors assessed our skill and safety was always the number one priority. Also, each instructor spoke with the other instructors after our dives so they knew our strengths and weakness prior to the dives. We also had a minimum of at least one instructor per two people each dive.

Each dive was guided so we could see the most wildlife or caverns (especially with the weather). This company is very focused on preservation of the environment and it showed every single dive.

Thank you DiveMex for a wonderful week!

Visited May 2013
Kempen, Germany
9 attraction reviews
“Decent diving with professional and personal service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went to divemex because my girl wanted to attend a advanced course and german was preferred language. As a frequent traveller and divemaster, I have seen quite some dive shops.
Divemex is totaly different from the industrialized mass operators, like e.g. Scubacaribe.
Having background in the travel business, they however offer some trips like whale watching which are not scuba related.
Expect equipment in good condition, staff that has a service attitude and seems to enjoy the job. Atm - english, spanish, french and german is spoken.
Tours are very customer individual and dive practice is safe.
They run a small hotel arround the corner, as well.

Visited June 2013
Weaverville, CA
3 attraction reviews
“Great Experience with DiveMex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My son and I went diving on 5/3/13 with DiveMex and it was a great trip.

My son is 11 and he decided to try SCUBA and so he did the discover SCUBA trip. We got to the dive shop in the morning and met up with Dirk and Amil. Both guys were great and met us warmly and were very friendly.

After some paperwork and trying on some gear, Amil took us to a swimming pool at a local hotel. The water in the pool was a little on the green side and I was glad that I'm already certified and didn't have to get in. Amil worked with my son for a while and did an amazing job with him.

After the pool, we went and at lunch at Fusion Bar & Restaurant on Dirk's recommendation. While it wasn't the cheapest place around, the food was awesome.

After a great lunch, we walked back to the dive shop and met up with Dirk and Amil. I then got my gear together and we went down to the boat. Amil was great at getting my son geared up and making him comfortable for his first dive trip. Amil helped my son get into the water and hung around him while they descended to the bottom. During the whole dive, Amil watched over my son to be sure that he was safe and comfortable.

My son did an amazing job diving and I am so proud of him. I owe a lot of how well he did to Amil though since he made my son feel so comfortable doing it.

I really can't say enough great things about DiveMex. The guys were great and it is just a great little shop. I definitely plan on going diving with them again.

Visited May 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
“Cool karma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at their hotel and dived with Dirk. great stuff.. Highly recommended, not something I often say. Dives planned to miss the crowds is always a nice touch, especially when doing denotes. Look forward to coming back.

Visited April 2013