We stayed two nights at Be Playa, while we were in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
Right off the bat, when we arrived we knew we would not be disappointed. The beautiful reception was right up my alley, just the right mix of vintage and modern, there were so many things I would be proud to have in my own home. Clearly the owner is an architect/designer or someone with great taste, keen eye and a large heart.
Daniella, showed us our master suite ( which they upgraded us to, when we called them and asked them what they could do for us if we book with them over the phone directly). The room was exquisite. I think it was worth every penny. ( as you can see from the photo)
The internet and phone weren't working and Daniella immediately fixed that. The TV is really just there ( but when you are PDC, who really wants to watch TV). The balcony with the hammock was inviting and the lighting, double sided mirror over the very modern and sleek sink, the dressing table, the bed and the color scheme , everything is new, modern, inviting...perfect. And when I go into a shower bare feet, that means the bathroom gets a five star, and this one does! The room got a little bit of noise because it was the one facing the road, but we did not mind, we slept well.
The roof is a sight to behold, the pool is not deep enough to swim for an adult, but just meant for lounging. It over looks the city and makes for some ultimate views, while roof top bar is an asset. Our bartender (with whom we shared stories of Argentina) was wonderful !
Our first morning, we were not able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast because we were leaving for our tour with Edventure tours and so Daniella offered to pack us brunch, ham sandwich, juice and fresh fruit. Excellent!
But, it is not on the beach, so you have to walk say 5-7 minutes to walk to it, and they provide you beach towels as and when you need them. So that is that. It is a 60 second walk to all the fun stuff on 5th Avenue and all the local stuff on 10th avenue.
Oscar st the front desk, arranged for our cabs and helped us communicate since our spanish was not very hot.
We recommend and we would go again.
- Also Known As:
- Be Playa Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Be Playa Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel. Bohemian style. 23 Suites. Junior and master with Jacuzzi and terrace. Excelent location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Fareportal , HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Be Playa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.