“Best Hotel in Playa del Carmen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Be Playa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Be Playa Hotel to your Saves list
Be Playa Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 26 entre avenida 5 y avenida 10, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #53 of 199 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Hotel in Playa del Carmen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Be Playa a few weeks ago. In short, it’s one of the best hotels we’ve ever stayed anywhere in the world and highly recommend it for those looking for a place to stay in Playa del Carmen.

Pros:
-Modern, large, sun filled rooms with everything from dual shower heads, in room Jacuzzi, large outdoor deck, etc. These rooms have everything you want.
-Fantastic location about 4 blocks from the beach, in the main tourist area but yet on the fringe of a nice residential area. The location is one of the best parts of the hotel.
-Cool roof deck with pool, bar, great lounge chairs, and good views and music
-Amazing staff that you make you feel like family. You can’t ask for a warmer environment.
-Surprisingly good sushi restaurant. Some of the best sushi I’ve had and hotel guests get a 20% discount so it is affordable.

Cons:
-None really. Some might be disappointed with the size of the complimentary breakfast but it’s more than enough to power you to lunch.

I won’t hesitate to stay at Be Playa the next time I come to Playa del Carmen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Playa Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear "A28970",

Thank you for your nice feedback! We love to read our guests had a good time!

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
kiryat ono
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

we steyed 4 amaizing nights in This tastefully decorated hotel. The service was excellent;The room was beautiful, comfortable and clean/ We loved the double shower and whirlpool.
The only thing that needs improvement relative - breakfast was not so good and the ingredients were poor
But who wants a different kind of hotel, with an experience of a stylish, centered of all the action - this is the place.

Room Tip: If you order online - get fourth night free
Dear "genydim",

Thank you for your great comments! It's good to know you had a great time here!

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Be Playa. The room is very modern and cool yet it has a great deal of windows facing to the hall, instead of walls, making it sensitive for noise. The roof bar is very nice and it's fun hanging there especially at night but notice that on Thursday-Saturday there are parties there and you will hear the music pretty loud in your room until 1-2am.

The hotel restaurant (sushi bar) is great and the guests enjoy 20% discount which is pretty cool.

The breakfast is continental: only fruit, croissant and toast.

Location is perfect right next to Mamitas beach which is the best beach in my opinion.

Shower has no door so we had a tons of water on the floor after every shower.

The reception staff was super nice and helpful and we enjoyed our stay there very much.

The only things I would say that bothered me:

1. The mini-bar in our room didn't work and no one fixed it although i requested twice.

2. We had a live cockroach in our room.

3. The waiter in the restaurant pretty much forced us to leave 20 pesos tip on the complementary breakfast, which was very rude.

4. The pool has rusty table+chairs in it so I felt it was gross getting into the water.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Playa Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear "ronika26",

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! And thanks for the photos you shared!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am picky. Beyond picky. I like things "just right".
I have been vacationing in Playa Del Carmen for almost a decade but have never liked staying at resorts. I always prefer to stay in town and do my own thing. Some friends recommended BE PLAYA so I decided to give it a try. Things could not have been more perfect. My room (Master Suite) was gorgeous and so comfortable. The staff was amazing. Everyone was so friendly. Every time I left or came into the hotel they greeted me by name. They took care of my every need and request. One morning I took a dress to the front desk and asked for it to be sent out to be pressed. No problem they said. I left the hotel for 30 minutes to run an errand and when I got back I found it pressed and hanging in my room. The attached restaurant (Sushi Club) was also amazing for all meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is how all hotels should operate and treat their guests. BE PLAYA is my new second home! I will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Playa Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear "RelaxMeToronto",

Thank you so much for your wonderful words about Be Playa! It is very rewarding to read that you had a good time with us!

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just returned from a 3 night stay. I travel extensively and have stayed in fine resorts around the world. I felt for the money the hotel was superb. Starting at check in was quick and easy. The room stylish and well decorated. The room was very comforatble, with great AC, and bed that was easy to sleep in. The shower was luxurious and never out of hot water. I had an issue with the door lock and within 1 minute of phoning the front desk a repair man was there to fix it. The internet on in my room 203 was fast and reliable. I have read reviews of noise from the bar but at night was quiet as could be so if this is worrying you ask for this room and you will be fine. The walls were a bit easy to hear thru so if you have very roudy neighbor then that could be an issue. There was plenty of storage space and a electronic safe to hold valuables. I found the staff to be very helpful and quick to respond to requests. The location is perfect, wasy walk to shops and beach and there is a conveince store virutally right next to the building. Overall I was very pleased with my stay. For the price i cant imagine what more you could expect. It isnt ritz carlton but you are getting great value and a very pleasant stay. I will not hesistate to return and stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear "David C",

We are happy to know that you had a great time at Be Playa! Thanks for the lovely words about our hotel!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I was looking forward to staying in this hotel for the last few days of our trip in mexico. We had stayed in 3 star hotels around tulum and isla mujeres mainly so were looking forward to a slightly more upscale hotel in Be Playa. However I felt left down by what I actually got.

On the first night the shower actually flooded and the cleaner came to unblock the bathroom but left a load of gunk all around the bathroom. Pretty nasty. Luckily we changed rooms the next day (we had asked for a king bed but got 2 queens-not complaining about this though as they happily changed rooms for us the next day). However the shower in the next room also leaked all over the floor and we had to put towels on the floor to soak it all up.

We could not access wi-fi in either room and we could hear absolutely everything our neighbours were saying next door. The breakfast was also rather basic, we had enjoyed much nicer continental breakfasts at other 3 star hotels we had stayed at in mexico.

The hotel receptionists, in particular Dani were extremely helpful and always friendly. As were the waiters and bartenders in the sushi restaurant. The hotel also looks very cool and the lighting in the rooms are very stylish.

All in all this hotel is nice to look at and staff are friendly but ultimately whoever designed the place didn't really think about how bathrooms should actually work and it just leaves you with a sense of feeling like you are on a date with a bimbo... Lots of style but no substance.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear "Aadeelp",

Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry about the issue with the shower in your room. It's been fixed, but it caused you problems, and we apologize for that.

We hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Be Playa is the best hotel we have ever been to. And we are a couple who travels all over the world!
The location - the best there is in Playa!
The suits - never seen before such a beauty and great architectecture!
The restaurant - best sushi in Mexico!

And the most important, the staff were like a family to us: warm, sympathetic, caring and helpful... Without them i couldnt have made the proposal perfect!! Ahh and i almost forget, the hotel has an amazing Bar on top of the roof with a pool!
Enjoy...

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Tom K",

Thank you for your nice words about our hotel and restaurant! It is always a joy to know that our guests had such a good time with us. And thanks for the lovely pic you shared!

Be Playa Management

Been to Be Playa Hotel? Share your experiences!