“I need Util Pasta in Boston!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PapaCharly Pastas

PapaCharly Pastas
25 av. entre calle 30N y 32N | Facebook: PapaCharly Pastas, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
+52 984 134 7919
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Argentinean, Italian, Pasta
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Quincy, Massachusetts
“I need Util Pasta in Boston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently visited Playa del Carmen with a few friends and we were craving pasta. I heard great reviews about Util from some locals and we decided to stop by. We went around 9pm at night and walked there from our hotel. It took us about 15 mins - a few dark streets we finally arrived.
It's small outdoor restaurant located behind the main kitchen.

At first we were a little confused with the menu but the hostess, I'm assuming was Charlie Jr, explained everything. Pick your pasta, Pick your sauce, and if you want to add any chicken or seafood. There was also a bruschetta starter, the flavors are delicious!!!

First we ordered 2 cesar salads - the 5 of us shared the salad and just enough for us all. They were pretty big salads. It had huge chucks of cheese on the bottom, so good. After the starter, salad, endless bread - I was hoping I still had room for the entree.

3 of my friends ordered the chicken Carbonara, My husband had their famous lasagna, and I had the spinach pasta, chicken with Gorgonzola 4 cheese sauce. Everyone, and I mean everyone licked their plates. I'm not exaggerating here when I say the food was amazing.

The prices were inexpensive and the service was friendly. We met Mama, who cooks all this yummy food to order. She makes all this fresh pasta and sauces, I wanted to take her home with me. Great food and a great experience!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Simple yet amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This small, family owned ,nothing fancy resturant is a hidden gem! Off the beaten path but still close to downtown 5 th ave. dinning area is in the rear courtyard of a small retail pasta shop. The food is all homemade traditional italian favorites. Super salads and bruchetta is sooooo good! From the simple pasta to loaded seafood dishes, this small establishment delivers every time. A dont miss while your in playa. Oh, did I mention the amazing prices? Wont break your budget here!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Read about this place on TA so I went to check it out. I had the lasagna which was huge and delicious! A nice glass of Cabernet to go with it, fresh bread and butter-perfect! The owners son, Jr, even gave me a lift back to the bus stop in town so I wouldn't have to take a cab! I tried to give him some cash which he promptly refused. Yu don't service that like that in the states! Thanks again for the best meal I had while on vacation, will be sure to come see you again next time I'm in Playa!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
new jersey
“Best Pasta Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a wonderful family owned restaurant set off the beaten path of 5th Ave. The menu is limited to pasta dishes, however, they do a terrific job of it and the prices can't be beat!

Pick your pasta and pick your sauce. Delicious ravioli...spinach & cheese or mushroom. Lasagna to die for and one of the best Puttanesca sauces I have ever tasted!

Portions are extremely generous. The wine selection is limited but feel free to bring your own and pay a small corking fee!

Don't miss this great little spot! Unlike most restaurants, they are closed on Saturdays...plan accordingly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cancún, México
“The best pasta!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the best pasta ever ate in Playa del Carmen. Amazing place, cooked by the family, everything is home made. I definitely recommend this place!!

• Visited May 2013