PortoPlaya Condo Ocean View Penthouse&Beach wifi

Saved Save
You added PortoPlaya Condo Ocean View Penthouse&Beach wifi to your Saves list.
pool
21 luxury units, Porto Playa is set in an oasis reminiscent of a rain forest.
Master bed view
21 luxury units, Porto Playa is set in an oasis reminiscent of a rain forest.
Ocean View from rooftop in private palapa
Playa del Carmen
Rental Home –
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 7

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Summer H
Palo Alto, California
“Great condo, great location, pretty much perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

This condo is was about the closest thing to perfect as we could have imagined for our party of 6 (plus two little canine family members)! I really can't say enough positive things about it. To elaborate:

1. The condo itself is gorgeous, huge, and has everything you need. Other reviewers have said it but the condo is even better than it looks in the pictures. Three big bedrooms (master is huge!) each with their own bathroom, three private patios including a huge one on the roof with a great view, large sitting area, gorgeous barbeque and wonderful hot tub. We couldn't believe we had the rooftop patio all to ourselves! The kitchen is massive, has all of the equipment you need to self-cater (including a dishwasher and microwave), and has a lovely big dining table. We really enjoyed the big wraparound couch in the living room and the additional comfy chairs meant that there was never a shortage of seating. The condo is beautifully decorated and the materials (flooring, counters, showers, etc.) all elegant and high-quality. The ocean views from the condo, especially in the master bedroom and from the rooftop balcony, are gorgeous.

Other features to mention - very powerful air conditioning kept us cool and comfortable. Internet was so fast we were able to make skype/google voice calls very easily. There is a washer and dryer in the unit which is super convenient! The condo was well-stocked with shampoo and other toiletries, dish soap, laundry detergent, i.e., the little things you don't necessarily want to have to run to the store to get.
2. The location is ideal. The condo is right in the middle of it all yet we never had problems with noise or other disturbances. Seriously, the beach is one block away, and the condo comes with access to a private beach club that has good chairs, beach towels included, good music, good food, and good service. 5th Avenue, the main pedestrian street filled with shops and restaurants, is half a block away. We loved being so close and being able to just walk out the door for our morning coffee, late night strolls, etc. There are also a number of big supermarkets within about a 10 minute walk - Mega and WalMart - that sell not just food but clothing, personal care items, electronics, etc. If you need to get a taxi you can find a main taxi stop just a block away on Ave. Constituyentes (or have the reception desk call one for you). Oh, and a really fancy gym is basically attached to the building and guests of the condo have free access to it.

3. The grounds of the condo are beautiful and the staff is great. There is a large upper-level pool that waterfalls into a lower level pool, both are kept very clean and at a nice temperature and have cool built-in seating. The upper pool has a number of lounge chairs with umbrellas. The grounds are lush and kept in great condition. The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful and spoke great English. They were available 24 hours/day and were very quick about accommodating requests. There is a concierge available in a separate office where you can also rent games and I believe sporting equipment. There is maid service and you can choose whether you want full service, limited service (take out trash, give fresh towels) or no service at all.

4. The owner is so helpful and accessible. She is so easy to get a hold of by phone and email, and so helpful in making the booking and all questions before and during the stay. As I mentioned I took my two small dogs and she was very helpful in helping me understand the process of bringing dogs into Mexico and also arranged to have a gate off of one of the patios. She also arranged airport transportation in a private van for our party and the price was fantastic - I'm not sure if this is normally the one-way price or round-trip but we paid only $110 for round-trip transportation from the Cancun airport for six people.

All in all, we were so pleased we decided to stay at this condo. It's a great way to have everyone together in one place but still have some privacy. And for what you get, compared to getting three rooms at hotel, we found it to be an amazing value. Also, all condos are privately owned and from what I understand differ in decor, amenities, etc. Although I can't say for sure, I have a hunch that this is one of the best, if not the best, condo of the Porto Playa condos.

4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Robert Walzer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
Management Response
Feb 18, 2013
Jessica,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We try to think of everything
we need when supplying our condo. Its our second home and we are happy when guests love it like we do.
I will continue to make updates too!
I hope that you come stay with us in the near future!
Thank you!
Guests
from
$400
/ Night
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Colleen
Speaks English, Spanish, Italian
Listed since : Oct 2010
Response Rate: 75 %
Response Time: More than a week
Calendar Updated: 165 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing