“A Great Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

+52 984 87 3 39 22
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The popular Cozumel Restaurants Casa Mission, La Mission and Parilla Mission have brought their concept to Playa del Carmen. La Mission offers generous portions of seafood, steaks and Mexican specialities at affordable prices. And their "If you don't like it, you don't pay it" slogan is hard to beat. Proof of this is the preference of locals and visitors.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“A Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

A block off the pedestrian shopping district, this is a gem and worth the effort to go back a block. This was a return visit and we had a great dinner. In our group of five there were 2 fish dinners (Grouper) and 3 ribeyes. Everything was delicious and the portions were large. The steaks were flavorful and tender - we think the best in Playa. One fish dinner was grilled and the other was Veracruz style - both were delicious. Service was good. We recommend this restaurant and we will be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Freedom, Pennsylvania
“bad return visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had a very nice dinner with good service and paid with visa card in January. EXcited to go back but,alas things have changed. FOod still good but treated very off handedly. Told there was no white wine by the glass only bottle. Not notre than 10 mins. Later table By us had glasses of wine served! Wanted to pay with visa card card but the terminal was supposedly having problems. Good thing we had cash ..basically, got type bum's rush and we had their lobster! Won't be back.

Visited June 2013
Florida
“Another great restaurant in the La Mission family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Along with the three La Mission restaurants in Cozumel, there is now one in Playa del Carmen. On a recent evening there I ordered the grilled lobster. It was a fairly good size lobster tail perfectly grilled and served with drawn butter and garlic sauce. It included a small portion of rice, mixed vegetables, and a baked potato. At twenty four dollars, it was the most reasonably priced lobster in Playa del Carmen. It was delicious. My companion opted for the coconut shrimp. There were six very large fresh shrimp served with a pineapple coconut crust and they were equally delicious. All meals come with a guacamole appetizer and lime soup. For the money and food you cannot beat this place. It perfectly carries on the tradition that began in Cozumel. There are many more reasonably priced entrees on the large menu.

Visited June 2013
“Decent food for the price ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I visited La Mission on a Sunday evening with my daughter. Bottom line: decent food, decent service, and decent prices, but not worth going out of your way to try.

The details:

Atmosphere: Pretty casual. Open-air restaurant. Pretty warm the night we were there, but when they turned on the big fans, it was comfortable enough. There were only three other parties there; a couple with a toddler, a group of 8 women, and one older couple. In other words, all types of diners were to be seen. 3 out of 5 stars.

Service: Our waiter's passable English plus my small bit of Spanish made communication easy. We did not feel rushed, nor did we have to wait forever to get his attention when we needed anything. 4 out of 5 stars.

Food: Upon sitting down and ordering our drinks, we were served complementary chips and guacamole, along with fresh pico de gallo. While not the best guacamole I've ever had, it was fresh and tasty. My daughter ordered a lemonade, which was squeezed fresh and reportedly "delicious."

We both started with soup, lime for me, tortilla for her. If you do nothing else here, get the lime soup. It was by far the best part of the meal. The tortilla soup was average, at best.

For my entrée, I ordered the garlic shrimp. It was passable, but nothing I'd order again. The dish consisted of 8 or so large, butterflyed shrimp, with a small baked potato and rice on the side. There just was not enough flavor in the dish for my taste.

My daughter ordered chicken enchiladas, which were pretty standard fare.

3.5 out of 5 stars, with the .5 being added for that yummy lime soup.

Total experience: All in all, nothing that would make me go out of my way to return again. However, were I in the immediate area and hungry, I wouldn't hesitate to eat here again. 3 out of 5 stars.

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good was wonderful, the gardens neat and clean, the service was top notched! The drinks were good, not watered down. Great food at a great price.

Visited May 2013