We stood for 5 days in November. The staff is amazingly nice and very helpful. Unfortunately it was the height of their construction. While sitting at the pool or trying to nap in the afternoon we were disturbed by power tools (drills, jack hammers, etc.). At one point I was having lunch and paint chips and debris started to fall on my table from the workers above the restaurant area. We were very unhappy with all the noise but tried to make the most of our vacation. Had we known in advance construction was scheduled we may have opted to stay at another property. The 2nd issue was the spa. I purchased a spa package and was taken into the men’s locker room to change. I was sooooooooooooooo upset. The after the fact explanation provided, after I let the front desk have it, was that the women’s locker room had a leak. The least they could have done was ensure no men were in the locker room and vice versa. I was there for a wedding, not a strip show! My third complaint is the United Vacations pick up.
We were told to be in the lobby by 9:40a for our airport transfer. We arrived a few minutes early, to make sure we were all set and did not cause any delays. At 10:05a a small mini-van arrives to pick us up. When we confronted the driver he showed up his pick up log and it clearly stated a 10am pick-up. No one seemed to care that we were give a completely incorrect pick up time. To make matters worse, 5 of us were piled into a small van and the driver made a second stop to pick up another 4 passengers. The back of the van was so pack , the driver s view was completely obstructed and had he slammed on his breaks a wheel chair and several pieces of luggage would of came flying on the passengers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Resort
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Gran Porto Real Resort & Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Resort And Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Agoda, Booking.com and MexVax so you can book your Gran Porto Real Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.