“4 appetizers + 4 entrees + 2 desserts = 10 amazing experiences” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Como Como Osteria Mediterranea

Como Como Osteria Mediterranea
10ta Avenida entre calle 12 y 14 | Playa del Carmen, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
+52 984 8591646
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Como Como Osteria Mediterranea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: ComoComo Osteria Mediterranea, located in Playa del Carmen, on the new area of the 5th Avenue, offer affordable food and wines in a simple, intimate, minimal setting. The restaurant features Mediterranean contemporary cuisine by combining flavors inspired by the sea, the land, travels and seasonal influences, sometimes mixed up with local products.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“4 appetizers + 4 entrees + 2 desserts = 10 amazing experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Four of us dined here last night and even though the menu looked average the food was by far the best I have had in Playa del Carmen. We all ordered different items and shared them with one another and I must say I was beyond impressed. Now I will admit that I had high expectations and they were surpassed because I didn't think that 10 different items could be prepared soo good. We will definitely return to eat here. We were late by 15 minutes and our table was given up to another party as they really respect the reservation time slots.
When in Playa del Carmen, make this place a must for a nice dinner. You will not be let down.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great space & nice menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Although (as you might have already read) the service is a little lackluster, the menu looks great and is prepared well. I had a pasta w/ clams & sea urchin which was very tasty, despite being quite heavy on the salt. My wife had a pasta w/ 'lobster' (langoustine) and tomatoes that was delicious. However, the highlight for us was the beef tartare

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belgrade, Serbia
“Ehhh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I tried to like it, I really did, especially when it came highly recommend by 2 various people.

Went there for lunch and was the only person in the restaurant, yet service was slow...

Octopus carpaccio sounded interesting but ended up being very bland overall. I tried mixing it and I tried liking it, I really did.
It was not the freshest piece of octopus to begin with, the olive tapenade and the roasted capers were absolutely mweh.

Ordered my steak medium-rare, ended up being MW, almost well-done... Eh, this shouldn't happen when you have 1(ONE) person in your restaurant.

Came with under-cooked potatoes...

The reason why I gave it 3 stars instead of 2, was one step of service that the server showed: Noticing I did not particularly like the octopus carpaccio, he offered to take it off the check.

I decided against accepting the offer (as I ate almost 1/3 of it, before I hit the frozen part of dish), though I did appreciate it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cancun, Mexico
“Just excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This restaurant is one of my favourite ones in Playa del Carmen, they offer a wide variety of daily specials, and litterally you dont know what to choose, everything sounds exquisite! but there is nothing better than the oysters with the lime and habanero sauce, you must try it, although are expensive. $25 pesos each!

Visited March 2013
Belmar, NJ
“No Retourno Como Como”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Since the reviews on TA were so good, four of us dined at this restaurant tonite and were very disappointed. Altho only 2 other tables filled when we arrived, the service was terrible, slow disengegad to the point of the waiter not being interested in giving us suggestions, not remembering what we ordered to drink, and even after we asked twice for things we needed (i.e. a steak knife for our steak,sugar for the tea or even bringing the bill.) We had the sense that if we were regulars, we might have had better service.

The fish wasn't very tasty, the lobster and tagliarini tasted much too fishy, the special risotto (oysters and mushrooms) was tasteless and hard. By contrast, the dessert (pear strudle and flan were both very good.) Nearly every other restaurant we ate in this week in Playa de Carmen was better than Como Como,

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere