“Best food and service in Playa” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican, International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Redding, California
“Best food and service in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This restaurant kicked butt in every category! The breakfast, lunch and dinners we had here were unbelievable!!! In 11 days, we managed to try nearly everything on the menu and we were never disappointed! We didnt even want to eat anywhere else… the hamburgers were out of this world, so was the seafood and pasta! We enjoyed sitting in their beach loungers and having drinks served to us from sun up til sun down. The lemon drop martinis were to die for! A huge shout out to Pedro, Joaquin, Hugo and more! The servers here were outstanding! Pedro & Joaquin were the bomb…those boys could not have been better! Every waiter was genuinely nice and gracious beyond words. Everytime we had food anywhere else in Playa, my husband & I said…we should have just gone to Indigo :) The atmosphere was also great….good music, great view of the ocean, and fantastic people watching. I would not change 1 single thing about this restaurant / beach club. I will be back to Mexico every year to stay at Porto Playa and live at this beach club! I would encourage everyone to eat here…you wont be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
“Nice But ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Nothing to write home about. When a place goes above the 100 peso range for breakfast it should be outstanding. When it gets to 150 pesos then it should be superb. If I had a voucher then I would use it but save your breakfast money and venture out and about. There's greater value to be found.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Ate here several times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Due to this restaurant having a breakfast buffet included with our room at Maya Villa we ate here several times. We also ate lunch here and had the Mexican buffet on a Wednesday night. Twice while we were there a wedding party rented out the place for their reception. You can sit right on the beach and eat here. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. We had a variety of foods on our visits. Fajitas, grilled vegetable sandwiches, coconut shrimp, spinach sage ravioli, steak (steak wasn't the greatest but it was ok), soup, and I can't really remember the rest - but I would rate almost all the things we ate there as good - to great. The atmosphere helped sitting on the beach in the evening or at lunch with your toes in the sand. We had large mojitos and beer most times we were there. The restaurant also services the beach club so sitting on a recliner reading and watching the surf you can get drinks and food. The one thing we weren't happy with was the waffles on the breakfast buffet, they seemed like Eggo waffles, but the rest of the buffet was good, lots of fruit selections, yogurts, muffins and breads, and you can order one main item from the menu, omelettes, french toast, breakfast burrito.

• Visited October 2013
Kloten, Switzerland
“Top dudes, great breakfast, big smiles :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I'm basing my review on the Indigo not for their evening meals, but on the food and service we received in the day. The Indigo is positioned slap bang on the beach and is part of the El Taj Condohotels building. My 2 friends and I were staying for 2 weeks at the El Taj and received vouchers for Breakfast at the Indigo, which was perfect as it was a 1 minute walk and we were normally nursing a hangover. It has to be said the breakfast was great - Unlimited coffee, choice of juice and many choices on how you want your eggs. You also get a visit to the buffet prior to the eggs where you get fruit, toasts and jams. Really good. What makes it easy is the staff, it was busy when we were there and we never saw anyone waiting or left to sort themselves out. These guys run around and always with a smile. They also have a team of dudes that manage the sunbeds on their private bit of beach which we were lucky enough to have access to, and these guys are the same non stop and always helpful. It has be said, the one evening meal we had was on Fajita night (Wednesdays) and gotta be honest, we wasn't so impressed. It says food until 10, but we arrived at 8:45 and found hardly anything left. It pretty much stopped being replenished at 9. But that is the only minus. In the day we had a great time and the cocktails are soooo good, best Pina Colada I ever had and not short on rum I can say! I would like to say a special thanks to Roberto, Juan Pablo, Alfredo and Mario. You guys made our holiday that extra bit better and was a pleasure to meet you for breakfast, laughs and cocktails on the beach. Thanks again and we hope to see you next year.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooklyn, New York
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great time every day at Indigo... special thank you to Hugo and Jose who were incredible hosts - great people to chat with and never let us sit a second without a drink!

• Visited July 2013